Pursuing Sasuke

As our journey continued, the air thickened with tension when Akamaru's low growl pierced the silence. Kiba's urgent voice sliced through the stillness, calling out to Shika, who turned to him with a furrowed brow. "What's happening?" Shika inquired, his gaze sharp with concern. 

Kiba's expression tightened as he replied, "I smell blood." His words hung heavy in the air, sending a shiver down their spines. "The scent of the others is merging with other five, including Sasuke's... But they're moving away from the source of the blood!" Kiba's eyes widened with urgency as he sought guidance. 

"What course of action should we pursue?" he implored, the weight of the decision pressing upon them all.

"As I suspected, he's being led," Shika remarked, his tone laced with calculated insight. "Let's hurry up and pursue Sasuke!" Naruto insisted eagerly, his impatience palpable in the air. However, Kiba's voice cut through the tension, firm and resolute. "Hold your tongue, Naruto! It's Shikamaru's call to make, don't play the boss!"

"Kiba, be nice to Naruto," I interjected firmly, my voice carrying a hint of admonishment. In response to my reprimand, Naruto couldn't resist the opportunity to lighten the mood. With a mischievous glint in his eye, he contorted his features into a silly expression, aimed squarely at Kiba, 

"There was a strong smell of blood, which means there was possibly a fight somewhere. We should be able to get information there, but we must be careful." Shika calmly assesed. 

"While that's all going on, Sasuke will cross over the Land of Fire border!" Neji remarked.

"What are we going to do, Shikamaru?" Naurto inquired.  "All right, let's pursue Sasuke," Shika agreed. "That's what I've been waiting for!" Naruto cheered. "However, the fact that there was a battle indicates that they are on watch. They're well aware that there could be Ninja on their tail." Shika added.

"Let's use Kiba as bait," I grinned, hoping to make fun of Kiba to relieve the tension for a bit. "Huh?!" Kiba replied. "That's a good plan, (Y/n)-chan." Naruto laughed. Neji smiled. "You have my vote."

"Not you, Neji, agreeing." Kiba was astonished by Neji's reaction. Shika joined in on my banter, "I'll keep that in mind." Meanwhile, Choji laughed in the background.

"Kidding aside, the odds are high that there will be traps or an ambush." Then Shika gave us the rest of his reminders and plans. 

Later on, Akamaru detected something more, "Hey, there's an enemy's smell everywhere!" Kiba alerted us. "Everyone, stop!" Shika commanded and we all followed.

Author will skip a lot again since nothing much gonna change in that scenario.

We descended from the trees to walk and gather information in the area. We were cautious because there were traps everywhere. 

However, Naruto almost stepped on an invisible wire tap. Which made Shikamaru react in panic mode. Fortunately, Shikamaru managed to stop him by using his Shadow Possession Jutsu on Naruto. Naruto was sweating while Neji, Choji, and Kiba stood frozen with priceless reactions, while I was almost dying from laughter.

"Naruto! I told you to be careful!" Shikamaru scolded him. "(Y/n), you keep laughing even though I just told you to watch over Naruto," Shikamaru said to me as I continued to laugh.

"I'm so sorry, but everyone's reaction, I just can't help it, Pfft," I apologized, still laughing."Don't scold (Y/n) anymore," Neji said. Thank you, Neji pookie.

After that, we investigate the invisible wire trap. "I see... One of the wires is readily visible because it reflects light," Shikamaru explained. "The other wire has been coated with matte green," I added. "So it's difficult to see with the naked eye. It's a double trap, huh?" Neji shared his observation as well. "Despite the fact that they're in a hurry, that's certainly an elaborate trap."