Chapter 1 (Aurelia)

I was lying in my bed with my mother while she was telling me a bedtime story because I couldn't sleep. My dad was sitting next to us on the bed stroking my hair and admiring my mother when we heard hard knocks on the door. My mother looked at my father in confusion because she didn't get why anybody would knock on our door this late. I looked at his face but all I could see was that he looked frighten and scared. ''Hide quick.'' he said and pointed under the bed. I saw my mothers face expression change from confused to scared and that's when I knew something was wrong. She grabbed my arms and pulled me hard so i'd move with her and hide under the bed. We where just in time before the doors flew open. I didn't see much but I saw people's feet coming in our house. They where man feet that you could tell by there size of there boots. I heard them yell at my father, ''You didn't pay in time now did you?'' one of them said. I had no idea what they where talking about but I felt my mother tense besides me. ''I am sorry I just couldn't get enough money to day I just need a few more days and then I can pay you back I promise!'' I heard my dad say. ''You told us that a week ago to, that didn't go as you promised too.'' another man said. ''Yes I know but-'' my father said before some man cut him of. ''I don't care what you have to say no more excuses.'' he said. ''You pay up now or there are going to be consequences that was the deal.'' another man said. I saw him grab a sword that was hanging from his side and point it at him as the other men grabbed him so he couldn't run away. ''You have ten seconds to tell us where you're hiding your money or you're dead'' the man with the sword said. ''But I- I don't have the money I need more time please!'' he pleaded. ''To bad then'' the man with the sword said and then he slashed his sword straight into his stomach. My mom screamed and I was frozen in place and didn't know what to do. as my dad dropped to the ground my mom gasped and starts crying. I was still frozen in place to scared of them hearing us. the man pulled his sword out from my dads dead body. ''Did you hear that?'' the man said turning towards the bed where we where hiding. ''Yes, the sound came from under the bed.'' another said. They charged towards the bed and looked under it looking me straight in the eyes. my mother put a hand over her mouth as she tried to muffle her gasp. his eyes widened and grabbed me from my mothers grip and dragged my from under the bed by my hair. I screamed in pain and tried to get him to loosen his grip on my hair But nothing worked. ''Grab her mother!'' he yelled at one of the other men. he did what he said and dragged her from under the bed and threw her on the ground in front of us. he finally let go of my hair and I fell onto the ground. My head was aching from the pain, and my mother tried to reach for me when one of the guys slammed his foot into her face that caused her to fall back onto the floor with a lot of force. she groaned from the pain that it caused. ''Don't think so you useless woman.'' one of the man said. ''The idiot thought he could hide you and protect you from harm, how stupid.'' he smirked and grabbed my mother by her hair. he looked her in the face ''But you might just be useful, we can sell you so we get our money back.'' he said. my moms face twisted from pain to panic ''No no! please you already killed him isn't that enough? Shes just 7!'' my mother pleaded in the hope they'd let us go. He just laughed in her face ''Now why would i care about that?'' his face twisted into a angry stare. ''After all you're husband costed us money witch he still owns us'' he said. ''Tie them up and put them in the back.'' he ordered to one of the men. ''No please! please just leave her alone please! you have me just take me!'' she screamed as she tried to get out of his grip. ''She's just 7 she won't be to any use for you she won't sell nobody wants a kid she can't do anything yet!'' she screamed. he put his hand up so the guy dragging my mom away would stop. he looked me in the eyes, ''You have a point there.'' he says. ''We will leave her here she will just be a burden to us anyway if she won't sell.'' he said and then turned around and started walking to the door. I started to cry ''Mom! wait don't leave me!'' I screamed. ''It's going to be alright sweetie, don't worry! I'll try to find you if that's the last thing i do!'' she yelled. ''shut up!'' one of the men said and punched her in the stomach. ''No! please mom don't leave me!'' I cried, and then they where just gone. They left me right there to starve alone without my mom.