Chapter 13 (Ethan)

I was distracted most of the play, I kept stealing glances at Aurelia sitting in the prived box of the royal family next to the princess and prince. I wonder how she managed to be invited to something like this so quickly. She came with the princess so I expect that she was invited by her and not the prince because he just arrived a few minutes ago. I didn't really see half of the play because my mind was somewhere else. I was so distracted by her and how she was so fixed on the play how she was admiring it. It almost looked like she would start crying that's how much she was enjoying it. 

When the play was over everybody left to go to the ball my father off all people was throwing. I always dread those balls, never enjoyed them or understood them. Secretly I was hoping Aurelia would be there, maybe it'd be less boring than. When i left the theater I saw her walking with the princess and prince. She was wearing a royal blue silk dress that hugged every curve of her body and that made her look even more mesmerizing. She went into the carriage and so did I. Me and my father rode to our home where the ball would be held this month. Each month somebody else would host the ball, this month was my fathers turn. I so hoped my father wasn't going to try to set me up with one of his business partners daughters and make me dance with girl after girl. It was horrible mostly cause none of them had any form of good personality or at least were nice to talk to. Every time it went the exact same way again, never enjoyed it one bit. 

When we arrived back at the house I suppose is my home but never felt like one many people had already arrived. The servants where already letting people in and taking the cloaks. My father told me to try to stay present the hole night and not embarrass him for once. But I was still debating not attending anymore at all. I saw some more carriages pull up to our house and hoped one of them would be Aurelia and make this night a little less boring.