Chapter 8 (Aurelia)

I was laying the the little tub that I filled with water and was not bathing in. I hadn't taken a bath in a week and was in good need of one. After a while of sitting in the bath I climbed out and put on a night gown and fell back onto my bed. I was exhausted I hadn't slept well in weeks and when I slept I slept awful and woke up with a sore back for not laying comfortable. I pulled the bed sheets over my body and tried to force my self to get some sleep or else I would look like some body that awakened from the dead. 

That night I slept better than I imaged I was going to. I woke up to knocking on my door and Lilian yelling at me to be ready in half an hour. I quickly got our of bed And put on my uniform and tied my hair back into a ponytail with a white ribbon that I got with my uniform. After i was done getting ready I headed out the door to the kitchen where Lilian told me they'd have a portion ready for me to eat every morning and night and was only aloud extra's twice a week for if I were really hungry. I grab my peace of bread and an apple that I got today. It was bland but i guess would do. I quickly stuffed it down my throat so I wouldn't be late, because if I was Lilian would kill me. I quickly hurried up the stairs to Estella's bedroom where Lilian told me to meet her. I was going to be late again, I set on a quick pace almost a jog in the hope that I would be just on time. I went up the stairs quickly and turned around the corner and Bumped into somebody. ''What the hell?'' I heard a male voice say  while I stumbled back trying to keep myself from falling onto the floor. When I steadied myself I looked up at the person i accidentally  bumped into, Oh god save me. Of course I bumped into the fucking prince. Damn me, he looked at me and gave me a angry stare. ''Don't you look where you're going?'' he said. I quickly curtsied ''I'm so sorry you're highness I should of looked where I was going.'' I said while looking at how he would react. He narrowed his eyes and took a step closer to me. ''Who are you?'' he asked. Who am I? What kind of question is that. ''Uhm I'm a maid you're highness.'' I answered. He rose one brow ''I didn't ask what you are I asked who you are.'' He said. I felt my cheeks turning red ''I am Athena You're highness.'' I said quickly. he nodded ''Well Athena look where you're going next time.'' and with that he walked away. 

I was now almost running to still be in time, when I arrived a mad Lilian was already looking at me shaking her head. ''Late again Athena.'' she snapped at me. ''I am sorry miss but I had a run in with the prince and couldn't just walk away.'' I said. ''Sure you did.'' she said and knocked on Estella's door and then opened it. Princess Estella was still sleeping, Lilain opened the curtains and tapped Estella on her arm shaking her a bit till she woke up to look at her. ''It's morning you're highness where here to get you ready.'' she said. Estella groaned and pulled her blanked over her head. "Now now don't be so grumpy you have duties to for fill.'' she said, and that made Estella groan even louder this time. 

When we dressed her and did her her she had breakfast and asked me to join her on her morning walk that she usually takes alone. Well not totally alone of course, her guards will always be just a few feet behind her in case anything ever happens. As we where walking Estella complained to me about all the boring stuff she had to attend today and the day after that. She clearly didn't want to have this kind of life she sounded like she hated every bit of it, and I understood that. After she was done complaining she asked me what my goals in life where what I would still want to achieve. I honestly didn't know how to answer that, I never really thought about wanting anything else other then what I was already stuck with. I didn't think of it as an option, I was stuck being an assassin I owned Theron everything and he won't allow me to just leave. Once you join him and become his assassin you're forever in his dept. ''I guess I never really thought of what else I would want to do with my life other then being a maid for the royal family.'' I took a deep shaky breath. ''I only thought about just being able to leave home that I didn't think what else I might want to do once I moved.'' I said. ''Oh, well that's to bad I expected you to be the kind of girl who has big dreams.'' she said. ''Do you not wish to start a family you're self one day?'' she asked me. I did but nobody would marry an assassin. ''Doesn't everybody?'' I ask. she stared at me thinking about how to answer that. ''I guess you have a point there. Most people probably dream of having kids and getting married to somebody they love.'' she said. I looked at her, ''Do you?'' I asked her. ''Yes, I do more than anything else.'' she said with a sad look in her eyes. ''But?'' I ask feeling like she doesn't believe that's possible, I mean shes a princess who wouldn't want to marry her. ''It's just that I want to be able to chose who I marry not my father. He will just chose of of his dump court members or there sons or maybe another prince. I don't want him to make that kind of decision for me.'' she answered. She's right nobody should be forced to marry somebody they don't love.