Chapter 2 (Aurelia)

-10 years later- 

I was lying in my bed starting at the wall above me, I couldn't sleep. I just keep having nightmares about my parents for the last week now and I just can't sleep because of it. I have nightmares of my parents quit often but my normally not this many. I don't like thinking about that night I always try to forget, but the harder I try the more nightmares I have. I heard a few knocks on the door, ''Aurelia?'' somebody said on the other side of the door. I sounded like Kezia a fellow assassin she started working here a few years ago and I started to be friends with her, well sort of. ''Yes?'' I answered getting up from my bed and turning to the door as it opened and Kezia came trough it. ''It's very early Kezia why are you here?" i asked. ''Theron wants to see you.'' she said with no emotion showing on her face. I couldn't tell why he would want to see me I mean why this early in the morning he's normally is still sleeping. I nodded at her ''can i change or is it urgent?'' I asked. ''You can change, it would probably be more appropriate'' she said and walked out of the door and closed it behind her. 

I changed into a tunic with a black cape and pulled the hood over my head. I walked out the door and downstairs to Theron's prived office and knocked on the door. ''Come in."I hear him say on the other side of the door. I walked in and closed the door behind me, I walked closer to his desk where he was sitting behind. ''Thank you for joining me as fast as you could sit down Lia'' he said. He always calls me Lia instead of Aurelia because has known me since I was a kid. "Why did you call me here Theron?'' I asked with a slight frown on my face so he would know I did not enjoy being called to him this early. ''Ah right, I called you hear because I have a job offer for you.'' he said slightly smiling. I narrowed my eyes ''And that job is?'' I asked. he smirked now ''well, we have been offered tons of money to this job and I just couldn't pass on it.'' he said. ''I know it might be a risky one but I chose you to do it because you're the best.'' he said. I was still not sure what job he was offered but I knew that it wasn't one of the ones that we usually get. ''Just tell me already.'' I said. he nodded and continued talking ''So we have been offer lots of money to assassinate the King of  Auream'' he said. Is he crazy? he probably is, I mean He wants to me to assassinate the king of fricking Auream! ''Before you say anything I know this sounds crazy but i promise you I have thought this through I wouldn't send you if I hadn't'' he said. ''Well obviously you did not! Are you nuts? You can't just assassinate the king of Auream you'll need an army!'' I yell at him. ''Calm down!'' he yells at me and gives me an angry stare that gives me chills. ''The king of Tenebris hired us himself for this job he will pay us extremely well better than any of the jobs we have ever done for anybody!'' he said with a sigh. ''I know it might seem crazy but i have a plan you won't just be doing it alone you don't have to worry about that.'' he says. ''How do you think we will even be able to get into the damn palace at all?'' I ask him. ''You'll go undercover as a maid there for princess Estella, you'll be working there for a month maybe more, you just have to take your time to earn their trust first.'' he said. ''I have already gotten you a position right where I want you. You will befriend princess Estella and earn her trust so fingers won't be pointed at you.'' he grabbed a letter from his desk drawer. ''This is the letter that grants you permission to enter the palace and work as a maid.'' he says. ''We were already working on getting people into the palace working there for the past year just to be sure everything would be overseen before we accepted the deal so we wouldn't send you to your dead.'' he pushed the letter towards me and gave me a slight grin. ''This is something that i actually think will work Lia. We have 8 people all over the palace some maids some cooks some people that have a status there and who are trusted by the king. This is a solid plan and yes it might be risky but with you I think we can actually pull this of.'' he said. I didn't really know what to say, I mean he planned this way longer than I thought and it seems hard but not impossible. "So what do you say?'' he said with a smile. God I can't believe I am going to say this ''I'm in.'' I say. ''But I there are borders I won't cross.'' I say. "Even I have limits Theron.'' I add. He narrows his eyes, ''You know what will happen if you don't follow the plan Aurelia.'' he said with a cold tone. I stiffend but tried not to make it to obvious, ''I know very well theron.'' I answer. He nodded slightly ''Good, even you have to know you're place lia.'' he said. With that he got out of his seat. ''We will talk more tomorrow.'' He said and before I could say anything else he left.