Chapter 6 (Aurelia)

-A month later-

I could see Aureum In the distance. I put on more regular clothing Pants and a white blouse and a black cloak so I wouldn't stand out. Ethan was wearing A royal blue blouse black pants and knee length black boots an a black cloak. All of those looked great on him and showed how wealthy he was just by the fabric of his clothing. 

When we finally arrived and where given horses to get around. ''I won't be able to go with you to the palace that will attract unwanted attention will you be able to find the way yourself?.'' Ethan asked. ''Yes i memorized the way on the map and if i can't find it i still have the map in my bag.'' i answered. ''Good maids mostly have some free time on Wednesday ill make sure i will be available the hole day so if you decide to swing by I will be home to talk about what information you gathered.'' he says. I nod at him ''I guess I will be heading to the palace they will be expecting me.'' I said. ''Good remember the plan, and if you ever see me outside our meetings you don't know me.'' He says. ''I know no need to remind me.'' I said rolling my eyes and riding off. 

I now saw the palace it was beautiful and way bigger then the one back home in Tenebris. I Had been in Aureum once before with Kezia to assassinate somebody but it was even more beautiful then i remembered. I saw a few guards standing at the palace gate. One put up his hand for me to stop ''What brings you here miss?'' he asks. I stop my horse, ''I recently got accepted for the position of one of princess Estella's personal maids.'' I answered while grabbing my acceptance letter out of my pocket and handing it to them. He took the letter out of my hand and took a good look at it. He nodded at the other guard and handed the letter back to me ''You're good to go in miss.'' he said and they then opened the gate so I could go inside. I rode inside and two elderly ladies came towards me. ''There you are we've been waiting for you your a few hours now missie!'' one of them said. We arrived half a day later then we expected to be. ''Get off the horse so I can put him with the other horses i'll drop your bags off in you're room.'' the lady said. I got off the horse and just hoped they wouldn't look in my bag because there were quit some knives and daggers hiding in there. ''My name is Liliana and we will get you settled in and teach you some of the basics. The other woman's name is Merida so you know that as well.'' she said. She turned around ''Follow me!'' she said and I did. We walked into the palace, it was huge and I had no idea how I was ever going to find my way around in here. We walked up two stairs and walked towards a door. Liliana opened the door and walked inside. ''This will be your room here.'' she said, I followed her inside. It was small, it had a small bed in the corner a closet next to that and a table with a chair on the other side of the room. She walked towards another door and opened it. ''This is your washing room with a tub that you can fill up with water if you ever need to bathe.'' she said. It was a small room that contained a not so clean toilet and a small tub where I could barely fit into. We went back into the sleeping area, ''Your uniform is on your bed, i'll give you some privacy so you can change and then you'll have to start working.'' she said and with that she walked out the door and closed it behind her. God i have barely slept in days and i look horrific I want to take a bath so bad but i guess i'll just take a bath tonight. I grabbed the dress all maids have to wear and putted it on. It was a light grey dress with white ruffles, it wasn't very flattering but it would do. I braided my hair so it would be out of my face and opened the door and closed it behind me.

''I'm done.'' I said to Liliana and she turned to look at me. ''Good, now follow me.'' she said. I followed her up a set of stairs and we approached a big door. Liliana knocked on the door and I heard somebody saying that we could come in. ''Don't forget to curtsy.'' she said just before we headed in. That meant that this must be the princesses room, she opened the door and a young woman about my age was standing in the room. She had short hair and it had a very light brown color and she has beautiful blue eyes with a bit of emerald green the where beautiful. She also had freckles and was very tall. She was wearing a nightgown so I expected we had to dress her. I sank down into a curtsy ''You're highness'' Liliana said. She now turned her head to look at us ''Ah great you're here now you can help me get into this dress.'' she said pointing at an green dress with a big skirt and white ruffles all over it.  Liliana walked towards the dress and grabbed it. Princess Estella now turned to look at me, ''And who might you be girl?'' she asked me. I bowed my head a bit ''Athena you're highness.'' I answered the name I was given to hide who I was. Wouldn't want to risk anything even if nobody knew who I was in this kingdom everybody Knew who I was back home and was scared somebody might of hear of me. she walked towards me and lifted my head up. ''how old are you Athena?'' she asked. ''17 you're highness'' I said now looking at her. ''You're very young for a maid.'' she said letting go of my face. she narrowed her eyes at me ''Why are you a maid may if I may ask?'' she asks me. ''To earn my living you're highness and I'll have a place to sleep and eat while I work here.'' I answered. ''You're way to beautiful to be a maid.'' she said and smiled at me. I gave a smile back, I didn't thinks she was going to be nice. Most royals aren't and always think everybody is beneath them. ''Now could you help get into my dress I wouldn't want to be late to my fathers dinner, he wants everybody of the court to be there. He would have me killed if I where to be late.'' she said. I walked towards her and helped her get into her dress together with Liliana.