Chapter 6- "Trust me, I am nothing like you"

After studying the book further and learning more fascinating spells I was called down for supper. I quickly hid the book back under my mattress and walked towards the dining room.
My mother smiled at me and gestured to a seat next to her. My father sat at the end of the table and Draco and Bellatrix sat opposite me and mother.

We sat in silence for a while and enjoyed our food , until my aunt spoke and broke the atmosphere.

"So how's school been " she said looking at me and Draco

"Good" replied Draco as he refused to look up from his plate. Clearly he was still holding a grudge with me and I didn't  blame him .

"Is Slytherin a fun house to be in " she added , a smirk on her face as she eagerly looked at me.

I waited for Draco to answer and save me from telling her what house I was really in but he didn't. But by the way she was looking at me I felt like she already knew I wasn't  in Slytherin.

I put a fake smile on and said "Was Azkaban a fun place to be in". My aunt gasped. There was no response so I smirked and continued eating.

My mother flicked me on the knee hard but this only encouraged me .

Bellatrix laughed behind gritted teeth and a smile stretched across her face.

"Wow cissy " she said still laughing " you didn't mention how similar your daughter and I were"

The thought of me being similar to her made my stomach churn. I didn't dare look up for I knew she was still smiling, watching me like a hawk.

" Trust me, I am nothing like you " I mumbled loud enough for her to hear.

" Lucius" Bellatrix continued, " are you going to just sit there as your daughter talks to me like that" her eyebrows raised and she suddenly became serious.

My father who had kept quiet this whole time suddenly spoke up :

"Arabella, apologise right now young lady " he said harshly

My aunt placed  her elbows on the table and rested her head on her hands as she waited for her apology. Her smile only grew.

"I'm sorry that the truth makes you feel emotional " I said with an emphasis on 'you', still smirking.

My aunt stood up and pulled out her wand and leaned over the table, she placed the tip of the wand on my neck.

"You little brat " she whispered , humour in her voice.

I glanced down to Draco who sat watching helplessly, my father stood up as well and shouted something at me but I ignored him. My mother had to come and pull me away from my aunts wand. I stormed out the room and left before anything could be said.

"Yeah that's right, run away you coward " my aunt shouted.

I ran to my room and locked my door . I was so angry. I hated my aunt with a passion, she was so patronising and intimidating. I wished she would  leave  but I knew she was staying for a while. I wasn't able to cry into my mother's arms or talk to Draco about it because my aunt followed my mother everywhere and Draco hated me at the moment. I was alone.

I didn't bother crying about it though, instead I got out my book from under the mattress and continued to learn spells, hoping that one day they'll come in useful.