Chapter 9- Hogwarts Express

Tomorrow was the first day of school .  Before going to bed I went to find my mother. I knew I wouldn't be able to hug her for ages and tomorrow we'd be in a rush so I wanted to find her to tell her how much I love her.

She was in her room getting ready for bed. I knocked gently.

"It's me , can I come in"I said on the other side of the door

" Of course darling" she said lovingly

" What is it Ari" she said as she moved across on the bed to let me sit next to her.

" I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you, and get a hug before I leave for months" I said as my eyes began to sting.

" Oh Ari " my mother said as she pulled me in for a hug " I love you so much "

" I love you too " I said , not wanting to let go of the hug.

"You better get to bed, I'd hate for you to be tired tomorrow " she said whilst kissing me on the cheek.

"See you tomorrow " I said as I left the room

I got into my silk pyjamas and fell straight to sleep ,feeling excited and nervous for tomorrow.

My mother knocked on my door at 6am in the morning . She was fully dressed already. I groaned and refused to wake up.

" Arabella Narcissa Malfoy, get out of bed" she said jokingly.

" I'm up , I'm up " I said with my eyes half open

I quickly got dressed into a checked skirt and black blouse. I pulled on one of my new robes and levitated my trunk downstairs. I sat down at a table downstairs and my mother began to do my hair. She put it into a messy bun and added some pearl decorations. I looked in the mirror and was in awe. I topped my face up with some light  makeup and ate breakfast.

Draco was busy combing his hair and I smiled to myself. After breakfast we were ready to go. Father came in dressed in a smart black suit and my mother wore her casual long black dress. We decided to use a port key which my dad wore as a ring.My dad held onto Draco and my hand and I held onto mothers. We teleported to the train station and walked graciously through the stone wall. I suddenly saw the large red train In front of me . Draco hugged father and mother and ran off to Crabbe and Blaise.

I however didn't want to go. I hugged father quickly and to my surprise  he smiled at me . Before I could hug mother she had already wrapped her arms around me. I started to tear up but controlled myself as I didn't want to cry near my friends. I squeezed her tightly and didn't let go.

" Write to me " my mother said as tears welled up in her eyes

" I love you " I said , my breath staggering.

We finally let go when the final call was made for people boarding the train . My mother held my shoulders and smiled at me . She kissed me on the cheek and finally let me go . I mouthed goodbye as I entered the train and sat with Ginny and Hermione. I still didn't feel ready to go back.

As we left the station I saw my mother wave goodbye to me . I smiled and relaxed in the carriage. This was going to be an exciting year .