Chapter 01

The surprise ending I'm depending on... could be the story of another us.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

March 15th, 2024

Midnight, the most peaceful time of the day. The endless echoes of the ocean waves fill my silent living room, and the soothing purrs from my pet cat brings me solace. As I mindlessly scroll through my phone, a notification pops up. It was my girlfriend, Kim Minji.

"Oh, it's Minji. I wonder what she's up to"

Minji<3

Y/n, can we talk?

Sure, Min. What's up?

I don't want to talk via text.

Can we meet?

It's midnight, Min. Is there something wrong?

No.

I just want to talk to you.

Okay.

I'll come to your dorm.

I'll be there in 10 minutes.

No, let's meet at the park
near your apartment.

Okay, sure.

I'll text you when I get there.

Why does she want to meet up at midnight?

What does she want to talk about?

*10 minutes later*

"It's been 10 minutes, where is she? It's freezing out here"

Suddenly, I feel my phone vibrate as I get a text from Minji.

Minji<3

I'm here.

I'm at the bench under the tree.

As I wander the empty park, I finally spot my girlfriend, sitting on the bench with her hands in her pockets. Her face looks... concerned. As if she has something stuck in her throat.

"Hey, Min!" I exclaimed, catching her by surprise.

"Hi, Y/n" she responds with a melancholy tone.

"I'm sorry for calling you out here so late. I wanted to talk to you earlier, but my schedule was packed, and I couldn't-

"It's okay, Min. I'm used to your schedule by now." I interrupt her, causing her to look down at her hands.

It was true. I was so used to her not having time for me. It bothered me at first, but I grew to accept it because I knew she was living her dream. Now, we only go out twice every six months, sometimes once, sometimes none at all. I've been wanting to spend more time with her, like we used to when she was a trainee. But I didn't have the heart to stop her from doing what she loves.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I questioned , wanting to get straight to the point.

"I-I" she stutters as she struggles to get her words out.

"What is it, Min?" I ask, starting to get curious.

"I want to break up."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A wasted heart that just eclipses.