Chapter 08

"I'll push my luck..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*a month later*

(MINJI's POV)

Finally, it's comeback day. Blood, sweat, and tears were put into our preparation, all of our hard work will finally be shown. We are now in the waiting room of KBS Music Bank for our first ever stage for "How Sweet". It's a track based on Miami bass that adds a stimulating electro sound and gives a sparkling feeling, I'm not gonna pretend like I know what that means but it sounds good so people should look forward to it.

The others are feeling nervous for our stage, I am too but as I'm sure the others would know, the anxious feeling will always be there, just like every time we have comeback, but there's nothing we can do except embrace the feeling and accept the change in concept and era.

Time feels like it's going by in an insanely slow rate, but in reality, it's going a million miles an hour. So much so that I didn't realize a producer came in to tell us to get ready for the interview with Lee Chaemin-sunbaenim and Hong Eunchae.

As we make our way through the hallways of the KBS building, my mind suddenly gravitates towards Y/n. For some reason, his words are still sticking. Should I clear things up with him? But how though? I can't just call him again, can I?Ugh whatever... I shouldn't think about him right now, I should be-

"Minji-unnie?" Somebody suddenly calls my name, turning my head to the source of the voice, I see Hyein.

"What is it, Hyein-ah"

"What are you thinking about? You seem distracted." She curiously asks.

"Uhhh... I'm just nervous, don't worry about me." I sternly respond.

She just shrugs it off and catches up with the others, leaving me with my thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chae chae check! Eunchaemin!" The hosts said.

"It's finally time to meet these girls!" Eunchae exclaims.

"As soon as their song was released, it placed first on all the music charts." Chaemin-sunbaenim follows up.

"Also, their How Sweet challenge is a hit!" Eunchae continues.

"Please welcome, NewJeans!" The pair announces.

The cheers from our fans were deafening, making me realize how lucky I am to be here.

"Let's say hi..." Hyein said.

"Hello! We are NewJeans!" As soon as we said that, the crowd erupts in cheers.

"Nice to meet you, NewJeans! Music Bank has been waiting for your comeback! Haerin-ssi, have you been well? What have you been up to lately?" Eunchae asks.

"I was so excited to meet our fans, and with that anticipation, I prepared for this comeback with all my strength!" Haerin answered.

"Please say hi to your fans who have been waiting suuuuuper long for this comeback!" Eunchae adds.

"Bunnies! We missed you so much! Let's make a lot of good memories together!" I said as I blow a kiss to the camera.