Chapter 10

"One last ditch...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*4 hours ago*

(MINJI's POV)

Aish, we finally landed. A 13 hour flight with no connecting flights really did my head in. Hanni looks like a zombie, haha! It's like she got her soul sucked out of her. On the other hand, Yunjin-unnie is full of energy, I think she's really excited to be back in New York. Woah, the temperature here is pretty similar to Seoul... Despite it being 8 in the morning, it's pretty cold, just like back home. Good thing I'm wearing a padded jacket, if not I would freeze to death.

"Minji-ssi, do you want to eat something?" Yunjin asks.

"Sure! And drop the formal language, Unnie. Just call me Minji." I say as she smiles at my statement.

"Okay, Minji. Let's eat Shake Shack! It's like super good, definitely one of the best fast food chains in the city."

"Lead the way, Unnie." I smile as she starts to order an uber, but momentarily stops and turns to look at me when I call her name. "Hold on, Unnie! Hanni fell asleep on a plant." Yunjin erupts in laughter as she sees the sight.

"How can she sleep in this cold ass weather?" Yunjin asks

"She could sleep beside a jet engine and she still wouldn't wake up." I say while trying to wake Hanni up. "Hanni! Wake up!" I shout in her ear, making her jump and look around her surroundings.

"Hm? Let me sleep, Minji-ya." Hanni says.

"Sleep in the uber ride, Hanni. Don't cuddle the plant." Yunjin says while chuckling.

"What- OH! That's..." She says as she realizes that she's been hugging the plant and quickly stands up.

Yunjin-unnie and I uncontrollably laugh as we see Hanni's stupidity. Not long after, the uber arrived and we were on our way to Times Square. Hanni was fast asleep, leaving me and Yunjin-unnie to converse on our own.

"Unnie..." I say to Yunjin as she hums in response.

"You ordered a uber XL? you rich rich, huh?" I jokingly say.

"Ugh, what can I say." She sassily responds to my remark, making me chuckle in the process.

Our conversation died down, leaving us alone with our thoughts. The silence was deafening, but somehow comfortable. Out of nowhere, I had the greatest idea ever, I should listen to music. Putting my airpods on and pressing shuffle on my spotify, a very specific song starts to play, making me remember a very specific person.