Chapter 04

I play the scene over again

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Ahh, Vernon-hyung!" Running up to him and giving him a brotherly hug.

"What are you doing in New York?" He bewilderedly asks.

"I joined the student exchange program at my college, and it took me here."

"Ahh okay okay, we should hang out. How long are you staying?"

"Definitely! I'm staying for around 10 months, I'm going back to Seoul on Febr-"

"Kazuha-ssi?!" He says with a confused look.

"Hi, sunbaenim..."

"Woah... you know her?" I ask.

"Of course I do, we're in the same company."

"Company? What are you talking about?" I confusedly ask, looking at them back and forth.

"HYBE. You know how I'm a member of SEVENTEEN, right?" He asks as I nod to his question. "Well, Kazuha-ssi is a member of LE SSERAFIM."

"SHE'S AN IDOL?!?!" I exclaim. Looking at him with a shocked face, turning my head to see Kazuha looking down while facing the other way.

"Yeah, you didn't know?" He questioned.

"No! I don't keep up with idol stuff!"

"Really? Considering how your girlfriend's an idol, I assumed you did."

"Wait what?" Kazuha quickly turns towards us, shocked by the statement made by Vernon-hyung.

"Not my girlfriend anymore."

"Wah are you serious? I thought you guys were like gonna get married, haha!" He chuckles, I sigh in response. "I won't pry for information, Y/n. You can tell me when you're ready." He says as he pats my back.

"Thank you, hyung. We'll meet up soon, you can bring Seungkwan-hyung too."

"Ahh yeah, Seungkwan would love to listen to your story. Anyways, I'm gonna go pick up my sister now. See ya, Y/n." We share a brotherly hug and pull away.

"Goodbye, sunbaenim!" She says while bowing.

"See you at work, Kazuha-ssi." He says as he returns the bow and heads inside the airport.

Seeing Vernon-hyung after such almost a year feels nice, I miss the SEVENTEEN hyungs. I feel eyes staring at the back of my head, turning to see Kazuha.

"What?" I ask.

"You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend! And she's an idol too?"

"Like I said to hyung, she's not my girlfriend anymore. I don't see you telling me that you're an idol." I scoff.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, it's not like you were obligated to tell me anyway." I chuckle, making her chuckle in the process.

"So... if you don't mind me asking, who's your girlfri- aah sorry sorry. I mean. who's your ex?"

"Minji..."

"Wait... Minji? Like, NewJeans Minji?"

"Yes"

"WHAT? THAT'S CRAZY!"

"How so?"

"Like every single male idol has a crush on her! At every single music show, she gets asked out but she always rejects them. Turns out she had a boyfriend all along. Why did you guys break up?"

The second she asked that question, the memory that I have tried so hard to lock away came back. As the scene plays over and over again in my head, a sudden grab of my hand causes me to snap out of it.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay?" Kazuha asks.

"Uhm.. yeah yeah, I'm fine."

"Sensitive topic?"

"Yeah..."

"Then we won't talk about it."

Those words are like music to my ears, engulfing me in a wave of serenity.

"Thank you, Zuha."

*2 hours later*

"You guys can take a look around campus! But you have to be back here in exactly 45 minutes, understood?!" The professor yells out.

"YES PROFESSOR!" The students answer.

The chilly weather breaks through my thick jacket as I walk through this beautiful university. I can't believe I'm going to be studying here. As usual, Kazuha is walking beside me. We haven't said a word to each other but it's not an awkward silence, it's... comfortable. Wait a minute... how can she be here if she's an idol?

"Zuha." I call out her name which makes her turn her head towards mine. "Why are you here?" Making her confused with my sudden question.

"What does that mean?"

"I mean... aren't you busy with idol stuff? You decided to go to college while you're at the height of your career. Is your company okay with it?" I curiously ask. Before I could continue, she grabs my hand and leads me to a bench to sit down

"Obviously idols are always gonna be busy, right?" She smiles as I nod to her question. "We just finished our promotions for our latest comeback, so we won't have another comeback for like a year. So it gives us, the members, time to rest and to live our lives. When I first approached the company about going to college, they were obviously wary about an idol going to a public college. But when I told them about the possibility of me going to New York, they agreed right away because it would be a good opportunity to familiarize myself with the western world because we're going on a North American tour next year." She explains.

"Ahh okay. I understand." Looking over to my right, my eyes lit up because I see an ice cream shop. Turning back to Kazuha, with her still looking at me.

"Do you want ice cream? My treat." I say, making her smile. She quickly jumps to her feet and drags me towards the ice cream shop.

"Let's go!!" She exclaims.

"Quickly though, we have 10 minutes left!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Before the credits rolling in

(WAH I KINDA... DONT LIKE THIS CHAPTER TBH. WILL PUT IN MORE EFFORT FOR Y'ALL 🙏😭☝️😔)