Chapter 09

"Tell me if..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*7 months later*

(Y/N's POV)

It has now been about 8 months since I've been in New York, 2 more to go until I go back home and finally graduate. Things have been fantastic to say the least, Kazuha and I are closer than ever, my grades haven't been better, made some pretty cool friends through Sofia, and to top it all off, I haven't thought about Minji in ages!

Apparently, one of Kazuha's members' is coming to visit her today? I don't exactly know anything about that because I've never actually asked her about it. If I remember correctly, her name is Yunjin? To be honest, I'm curious of what she'll think of me, Kazuha keeps saying that she'll like me because Yunjin likes everybody but I have my doubts about that.

For some reason, Kazuha asked me to help her clean... which is weird because she's never asked me for help, ever.

"Zuha." I call out her name, making her hum in response. "Why are we cleaning your dorm? And what do I get out of this?" I ask, earning a chuckle from her.

"We're cleaning because Yunjin-unnie and her friends are coming in an hour. In terms of what you get out of cleaning... you get my smile, hehehe." She chuckles and responds to my question, making me shake my head.

After about 30 minutes of cleaning, we're finally finished. She thanks me for helping her as I excuse myself back to my dorm. I have nothing to do for about an hour because my class is in the afternoon, so I decide to just take a walk.

Wandering the great New York City, the concrete jungle where dreams are made of, has become my go-to pastime. Even though I've been here for almost a year, every corner I take leads me to a new destination. Whether it be a small restaurant or a random shop filled with souvenirs, the excitement it brings is something that can make the most ordinary day turn into an extraordinary one.

I turn my phone on to look at the time and realize that I've been walking for well over 40 minutes. I hurriedly call an uber to take me back to my dorm. The uber ride was short, but it was a bit healing. After I get off, I rush to my dorm to grab some stuff and make way to class.

Barely making it, I sit down beside my new friend, Jeong Yunho. Coincidentally, he's also Korean, so it was easy to communicate with him. He said that he's only here for 2 months because he wanted to see what it felt like to study abroad. A bit peculiar, but I don't judge. He also said that he was born in 1999, which means that he's 4 years older than me.

"Where have you been, Y/n." He asks.

"I took a walk to clear my mind a bit." I explain as he nods. "Where have you been up to, Hyung?" I ask him back.

"The usual, trying to finish this essay that's kicking my ass." He says, making me laugh.

"Been there, done that."  I jokingly say, making him chuckle.

While conversing with Yunho, the professor comes in and starts the class. Just like the classes prior, the professor explains the presentation and gives us another assignment. After the class ends, Yunho and I were walking to a bench when suddenly, my stomach growled.

"Wah... that was so loud, Y/n." He comments as I awkwardly chuckle. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah... I didn't eat breakfast today."