Fancy Some Noodles?

MDZS GOTCHA FOR GAZA  PROMPT #322

For @twoggerz

PROMPT #322: WangXian getting more kids after Canon and being a happy family with SiZhui, *<33 - (you can decide how many/how they get them!)

Fancy Some Noodles?

They were coming back from a successful night hunt, the four juniors in front of them and Wei Ying and Lan Zhan a little further back. They're returning to Cloud Recesses, and it's a crisp, cool night.

The stars are beautiful above them and Wei Ying is not looking where he's going, staring up into the midnight mass of velvety deepness scattered with twinkling  diamonds and suddenly, he stops.

Clutching Lan Zhan’s arm (and it's a very nice arm, too, all firm and muscular in all the right places, and Wei Ying is a shameless hussy for wanting to touch it all the time, in fact, the life of a sloth clinging upside down on Lan Zhan’s biceps forever is a dream, okay??). Wei Ying points above them to a shooting star.

“Look, my love! You have to make a wish!” And with that, Wei Ying closes his eyes fervently and his lips move in a silent prayer.

When he opens them to find Lan Zhan just standing there, looking back at him with unmasked adoration, he whines dramatically and hides his face in Lan Zhan's neck.

“You missed your chance! Lan Zhan! Why didn't you do it?”

His muffled voice tickles Lan Zhan gently.

“I have no need for extra wishes, when I have everything I could want right here.” Lan Zhan pulls him even closer and hugs him tightly.

“You! You're such a menace to my heart!” Wei Ying says weakly, and then his stomach has to spoil it by rumbling.

“What does Wei Ying feel like eating?” Lan Zhan replies instead, steering them onwards.

They're just outside Caiyi Town.

“Fancy some noodles?” Wei Ying says, speeding up.

“Mn. The children will be happy,” Lan Zhan nods towards the bickering quartet ahead.

They're just passing a shrine where someone has tossed an old blanket, when it lets out a piercing cry and moves.

Wei Ying’s feet have taken him closer and then he gasps, picking up the bundle as Lan Zhan gets there. The children are hurrying towards them, and Wei Ying is vaguely aware of them, but for the most part, his focus rests on the chubby, red face currently screwing up its eyes and gathering the strength to yell again.

Wei Ying tightens his hold and strokes a finger over its warm, soft cheek, and it's so surprised that it opens its beautiful eyes and stares at him defiantly, watching him back suspiciously.

Wei Ying laughs and coos at it, so small and cute and so very angry, and then he lets it hold his finger.

It's so soft, glaring at him as if he has personally offended it somehow by picking it up.

Wei Ying looks around and checks, but there's no one around.

“Oh…” he breathes out sadly, realising that someone has abandoned this child. His heart breaks in two at the thought of this baby growing up without parents, and now when he looks up at his husband, he's full of righteous indignation.

“Lan Zhan-”

“Mn. Wei Ying.” Lan Zhan steps into his space and wraps his arms around both of them.

That is enough.

They return to Cloud Recesses and find a wet nurse, and a couple of days later, they hold a small adoption ceremony for the latest addition to their family.