The Voice of the Soul Part 13

Wen Qing takes them home, to her home where Wei Ying shows Huaisang, Jiang YanLi and Lan Zhan his bedroom where he had stayed for a month to recuperate, before he was transferred somewhere else with more security.

Now they're sitting in Wen Qing's lounge sharing pizza and waiting for Jiang Cheng and the Peacock to arrive.

Lan Zhan had started off sitting on the end of the sofa with Wei Ying sitting next to him, but then he ignored everyone and picked up Wei Ying so that he's sitting across his thighs, back cradled with the armrest and Lan Zhan's arm.

Wen Qing throws him a fond look as she pours more Pepsi for everyone.

Wei Ying blushes and begins to speak.

"I can tell you guys this part because it concerns Jiang Cheng, and he already knows this bit. Plus he won't want to hear it again."

Lan Zhan braces himself for this. There hasn't been a single day that he wondered if anything would have changed had he not taken a sip out of the wrong glass that fateful night. And now that Wei Ying is really here, he can't bring himself to care about anything else yet.

Jiang YanLi scoots closer and brings Wei Ying's feet into her lap, her thumb loosely stroking the knot of his ankle.

Wei Ying is back with the people who love him the most, and that's what really counts.

**************

On a night made for celebrations, Wei Ying just finishes sending Lan Zhan off with his brother to sleep off whatever he drank accidentally, and it's fun sending him messages too, imagining what his face will look like tomorrow morning when he sees them.

Wei Ying is so happy right now. He can't believe he has a boyfriend now! And it's Lan Zhan!

There are so many emojis partying in his head and he just wants to dance with someone.

He pulls over a reluctant Jiang Cheng with him onto the dance floor, with Jiang Cheng fighting him every step of the way until Wei Ying motions towards their sister and Jin ZiXuan, dancing a little further away.

When she collapses, his first thoughts are panicking, even as he pushes through the crowd to get to her.

"What the fuck, Peacock?" Wei Ying crouches and makes sure she's breathing before picking her up and taking her off the ground where she could get hurt. He can hear Jiang Cheng really getting into it with Jin ZiXuan, but as soon as he catches Nie MingJue's eyes, the big fellow is already calling the emergency services.

The paramedics rush in and take Jiang Cheng with them, speeding towards the hospital, but before they go, they have a word with the owner of the establishment, letting him know what's happened.

But by then, the Wen brothers had left already.

Then it was a mad dash to the hospital and the Peacock makes himself useful by giving them a lift, and Wei Ying reluctantly tells him he can come inside, but that he should stay away from Jiang Cheng for now.

But it's chaos at the hospital too. Jiang Cheng is dealing with so much, and he was the one who had to call his mother to tell her what had happened, and as soon as that phone call finished, he got another. This time though, it was Wen Chao.

Wei Ying didn't know what that conversation was about, but whatever Wen Chao said to him made Jiang Cheng livid. He leaves in a rage and Wei Ying is in two minds, whether he should stay and wait for the factors to resuscitate his sister or go after his brother. He tells Huaisang and the Peacock to keep him updated and then he goes after Jiang Cheng, having overheard the address of where he went.