Chapter 1, Oh My God

Me and mom were walking on the sidewalk to the market.

 I started noticing the little signs that something was wrong with mom. Not her long raven black hair, not her clothes or the way she acts now.

 She has coughing fits and she sometimes has a hard time breathing and we spent a TON of money on the doctor appointments and since we don't have to much money I don't know what else I should do.

When we got to the market I walked up to the stand of fruit and said " Five apples please" I turn around grab the apples, hear a lady scream. And OH MY GOD!

"MOM!!" I say as I see mom lying on the pavement wheezing! " I am calling an ambulance" says the lady I am guessing was the one who screamed started dialing 911.

I hear sirens. It was all a blur they carried mom out on a stretcher limp and life less. As I walk into the ambulance I start spiraling the possible outcomes.

 Like what if it was nothing but we have to pay a big fee and end up living on the side of a road.

 Or it is something and mom dies and I am only thirteen so I can't possibly survive on my own.

As we get the hospital I am forced to be in a waiting room. " Leana Carter your mom is ready for you" says a nurse who just came in.

I see mom with a messy braid which is peculiar because she usually wears a messy bun like me we look alike because we have the same hair but today she is wearing a messy braid.

"I have some bad news" says the doctor right beside her.