Chapter 2, Good news and really bad news

"I am really sorry Ms.Carter but your mom has lung cancer but with treatment and such she will be just fine" says the doctor.

I hate it when a doctor tries to make bad news good.

"But mom what am I going to do without you" I said trembling. " Oh leana I am not gone now and that is what matters" mom said.

 All of a sudden Danielle walked into the room looking sharp with a suit and perfectly straight chestnut colored bun she also is carrying a letter and hands it to mom.

Mom reads the note and feels a rush of happiness and color on her face.

"Oh my gosh, Elijah is such a riddler" says mom happily as she reads the note which I assume is a riddle.

She shows me the note and I read the note carefully. As I put the pieces together I realize that Elijah is proposing.

Let me tell you a bit about me and mom. We both have raven black cracked and brown eyes. 

We are Canadian but my dad is American. 

But we dress differently, I wear ripped jeans and crop tops in the summer and black pants and sweatshirts in the winter right now it is summer. My mom wears blouses, jeans, sweatshirts and scarfs.

Elijah is cool and kind he has tattoos and is also a vegetarian. He has hazel colored hair and blue eyes he is also kind of muscular.

"Mom you never told me about dad" I say remembering the promise mom made in the beginning of the day.

The color and happiness drained from moms face.

" Well, Leana he has a criminal record, and he also got banned from nearly thirty bars for causing fights and smoking. I know he is different now but I was not the woman for him and I know he wanted a lady who would be adventures, rude and completely different from me so we got a divorce and I am glad of it" mom says.

Thirteen months later

I came believe a year and one month ago mom had cancer but now she is okay.

Today is the wedding and I am so nervous.

Me and mom have how hair in pretty buns with flowers in them. We also have matching dresses that are a lavender color. 

Since I am thirteen now I am the maid of honor.

As mom walks down the aisle she is flying like literally flying. I am making a face of warmth and happiness on my face.

We had such a good time and mom and Elijah played rock,paper, scissors and Elijah won and chased mom around with cake in his fist.

1 month later

"Guys come down I got some good news" mom called

I was in my room on my i-pad playing music

"Coming" I said as I made my way downstairs with Elijah

"What is it Anastasia"  Elijah said

"Well I have some really good news" said mom who was fidgety this must be good news. 

" Just tell us mom" I said getting impatient

"Well I always thought I would not be able to have another baby since you  Leana because I struggled with some problems but I figured out hope is not lost." Said mom smiling

"Wait mom are you pregnant?" I said excitedly

"Yes I am" said mom who is now smiling ear to ear 

"Oh Anastasia this is amazing" said Elijah who is doing the same thing

"Do you know the gender" I asked

"No I want it to be a surprise" mom said

I can't believe it I was going to have a sibling and I always wanted one so this is amazing.

Authors note

Hi!! Sorry I forgot to make one last chapter also I know the first chapter was short but their is more so. I have some questions. How do you feel about the story?