Chapter 3, WHY WORLD WHY!!

9 months later

I am asleep thinking of baby names because mom said I could choose the name.

"Elijah my water broke!" mom said frantically in her room.

"Don't worry  Anastasia I will wake up Leana and I will get the baby bag" said Elijah helpful as usual.

" Hey Leana your mom is having the baby right now so get dressed and get the sling" says Elijah rubbing  my back to wake me up.

As I get up groggy I get on a sweatshirt and jeans with a tank top under.

I grab the sling which is basically our substitute for a carrier or stroller.

As we walk down the sidewalk to the hospital I start thinking about baby names maybe Morgon or Judy but then I know. 

Elijah is trying to comfort mom in the process.

When we get their mom starts to talk to the reception and says that her water broke. As she is being led into a wheel chair she says she and Elijah will be right back.

As I sit down in the waiting room.

I started thinking about the number of times I was in here like for moms surgery and chemotherapy.

I pull out my phone and start texting my best friend Mina.

I hear some  yelling but decide to ignore it.

And then it stopped and that is how I know the baby was born.

A nurse came in saying my stepdad said I can choose the 1st name and middle name so I walked in and saw the most gorgeous baby ever

 " So what do you wanna name her " Send mom weakly.

"I decided I would like to name our faith April Carter" I said smiling.

"Oh Leo  that is a gorgeous name" said mom sitting up strait and adjusting her sweater.

"Good news the doctor said faith is healthy enough to go home with us " said mom starting to get up.

"Did you grab the sling Leo" mom said looking worried.

"Yup" I said getting it from my backpack.

I wrapped faith in the sling diagonally across my chest.

" Good news we have enough money to ride the bus home" said mom excitedly has she paid for the doctors services.

I love seeing mom smile we never get to ride the bus so it is a treat because we don't have a lot of money.

I got into the bus and sat down next to mom , she was closest to the window and Elijah was across from us. 

I stare down at faith , She was gorgeous And I will always protect her.

I looked up and the bus driver took a hard turn , A car started coming towards the bus, and the driver yelled.

I heard glass and I blacked out as I fell hard on something I guess was concrete.

I heard faith crying and I start getting up all of a sudden pain shooted down my body.

I looked up, It seems as though I blacked out.

I turned around and saw mom lying on the concrete covered in blood And then I saw Liam Covered in blood just like mom.

I collapsed to the ground with faith crying in my arms just like me.

I looked up and saw people alive and getting up.

Some hurt some not but I heard sirens so I knew they would go to the hospital ether way.

I decided to walk home but as soon as I got inside I went into my bed and cried But as soon as I got inside I went into my bed and cried my eyes out.

My parents were gone and their was nothing I could do about it.

In the morning, I remembered mom telling me when she had lung cancer that if she died I would go to my Nana's and grandad's house it was 11 hour walk but I was used to that cause me and my mom don't have a car so we kind of had to go that way.

I am thirteen now so I guess I would be okay.

I cried myself to sleep that night.

I decided to make the journey so I packed milk powder and other foods with water and Gatorade along with clothes and  tomorrow's and my wallet and my moms wallet.

I got faith and wrapped her cross my chest and grabbed the backpack with the supplies.

But the reason why I was doing all this to keep myself busy and not have to deal with the crippling sadness of my mom and stepdad are gone.

Not for a trip but gone, dead permanently and I would never see my mom's amazing smile again.

Author's note , I know this chapter was sad and also kind of happy so I feel like that is what makes a good chapter book and as for faith I feel like she will have a lot to deal with not knowing her mom and dad but for Leana it's a bit more sad because she will never see her mom again. Bye! I hope you like this chapter!