Chapter 9 : I am glad to have someone to trust

Dad came into the kitchen and saw my tear stained face and Asher comforting me but giving dad the glare.

" What's going on?" he asks looking confused.

" What is this?!" I say basically shouting with the stupid note in my hand.

" ... Let me see that!!" He says yanking the note out of my hands.

" WHAT IS IT?!" I shout more tears coming out. 

Asher scoops me in his arms whispering words of comfort.

" WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM!!!" screams dad looking angrier then ever

" I.. I was trying to help Asher" I say stuttering and scared.

" THAT WAS MY ONE RULE NEVER GO IN MY ROOM!!" he screams even louder.

Then he swigs his hand and for a moment time seemed to stop.

I feel white hot pain on my cheek and hear a scream not realizing it was me.

Tears immediately spring in my eyes. 

I collapse to the ground in tears, sobbing with my hand on my cheek. 

I look at Asher who seems Angrier then ever and he did the craziest thing. 

He PUNCHED my dad in the face.

It turns into a fist fight.

I get up while they are distracted and grab my stuff and pick up faith who is sobbing because of the noise and we run.

I run and run until I get into the city which means I ran for thirty minutes.

I sit in the bench which greets me.

I remember I didn't eat dinner so I grabbed an apple from my backpack and eat it while cradling faith.

" LEANA" I hear someone shout and see Asher who is running towards me.

He stops and pants.

" I slipped through your dad hit me." He said.

I was looking down while he said this and tears slipped down while faith sleeped.

" I... I know we should call a taxi and go to my uncle who lives in Florida." I said.

" But were in Toronto how will we get to Florida?" Asher says sitting down next to me and taking my hand.

" Well I know it is 20 hours and 7 minutes by car and 49 hours by bus so we could put our money together and buy three plane tickets which will take us to Montreal then Miami then to tampa." I say reading from my phone.

" But the real question is are you coming with me?" I say tearing up.

He grabs my hand " To the end of the world" he says smiling and kissing me on the cheek.

We call a cab and put faith in a car seat. 

I sit in the front and Asher sits in the back with faith.

We are in for a long journey.