Chapter 6: Not as bad as I expected

After I finished walking I looked and saw house on the map.

I rang the doorbell and braced myself. 

A man came through he had a tattoo of me and my mom , He also had black hair just like me And he smelled like smoke and alcohol.

"You must be leana and this must be faith" he said in a grizzly voice

" Come on in " he said pointing towards the door.

The floor in the house was covered in alcohol bottles and coffee ate butts.

I mean I kind of guess he would kind of be like this mom said he drank alcohol whole lot and smoked but I didn't know how bad this was.

He showed me into a room and said that I could stay in it.

The room had a big photo of me as a baby and a cradle on ITIT also had a big queen bed on it and a nightstand.

I put my stuff down and decided I would have to be more grown up now that I'm kind of on my own I mean I have my dad but he probably hates me stuff But I decided But I decided I'll act more sure and probably cook for faith and myself.I'll

I went downstairs inside to cook dinner.

 After dinner I crawled upstairs after talking to dad and fell asleep.

In the morning I crawl downstairs with faith and made her some milk.

I ate some breakfast and decided that this place needed some work.

" I'm going to work don't leave the house" dad said leaving.

First,  I cleaned out all of the alcohol Bottles and the cigarette butts.

Next, I went to the store and bought a ton of plants even though dad said not to go out I cover them there and it gave off a great aroma that overpowered the alcohol and smoke smell.

Then , I Decided to clean the entire house Which I did.

Finally I decided that since I was Canadian I was going to cook only Canadian cuisine And I wanted to fill the house with the amazing smell of Canadian food like my mom did when I came home from school.

After a month, 

Now that it has been a month I really grew up and I really became a woman And I actually made dinner and lunch most of the time when dad came home And dad actually started treating me like I was just his daughter.

As I made poutine I heard the door open.

Dad walked through and there is a boy with him.

" Dad who is this?" I said going into the hallway.

" Well this is asher , he works for me and now he will start coming here for lunch from now on" he said shrugging.

Asher had a blonde hair with brown roots and green tips he also had bright green eyes he was kinda cute.

" Come on in" I said walking through to the dining room.

He followed me and sat down eating lunch.

" So Asher how old are you?" I said eating.

" I'm fourteen how about you?" He said.

" Thirteen years old what are your interests?" I said glad for a conversation.

" Well I like lacrosse, Reading, baking, Taking walks." he said cleaning up his bowl.

" Same" I said blushing for I did not know we would have a lot in common.

As he headed for the door with dad who has been silent when we were talking.

" So do you wanna meet up at starbucks at nine for you know I will be here a lot and we could get to know each other next weekend maybe on Saturday?" he said blushing and I was blushing too.

 Did I like him? Does he like me ?  Will I like to get to know him? Do I have a crush on him? Then I know the answer. Yes!

" It's a date" I said  he smiled and left I did a little dance.

Then I realized I needed to go shopping, I grew and for my date with Asher.

The next day I asked dad to drive me to the mall.

I went into some stores And bought a ton of crop tops, Ripped jeans , earrings, shirts , leggings And a cute new water bottle with a kawaii Mushroom on it.

On Saturday morning I got showered and got into 1 of my new crop tops and jeans.

I packed my mini backpack with my wallet, journal, lip balm, my phone and some other things.

As I went into Starbucks I saw Asher at a table and waved.

" Hey!" I said sitting down.

"Hey!" He said.

I looked at the menu and decided to get a pumpkin scone and a strawberry and creme frappachino.

When the food came we talked and talked and exchanged phone numbers I also got to admit.

I never thought I would love or like someone that way again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note, I know you may be confused about that last line but it is all part of the story and the point is that after her mom and step father passed and then her grandma and her grandfather passed she felt such to spare the she kind of caged her feelings   So that is probably a big step for her and Asher really showed that for her. I know what you are thinking. This is the love part and you are right but Leana has some other things going on too. Again I really appreciate you guys for voting on my writing and I hope you liked this chapter!😁 BYE!!