#11: Battle of Garkoryl & Fahu

Viraj and his regiment reached the Vanguard. Fred warned everyone to be careful with the guns as it can kill their own man if shot.

Fred then shouted with his full might, "Attack my bravehearts." And the E-rankers and D rankers ran with their swords in hand. C rankers were assigned to hold the formation and snipe high level enemies. Fred was also personally running along with the E and D rankers to face the enemy head on.

The whole regiment face the insects, they could also run like humans. Some of the wielders instantly died as the insects pierced their arms in them. These insects could easily see the wielders though.
Viraj beheaded an insect. He was using his telekinesis very well, he had risen his protective aura, but the attacks of the insects were able to penetrate them. A light was getting absorbed in Viraj from the carcasses he slaughtered as soon as he killed an insect. He didn't cared about  it as this effect was not harming him.

Viraj was also able to use wind affinity attacks. He was moving like a leaf and beheading the insects. A larger insect almost 16 feet attacked Viraj. It was fast and rotating its claws like blades. Viraj defended its attack with his sword and flew above it and shot his hand gun at the insect at point blank range. He was sure his Spen was spent well to kill this strong adversary.

Viraj then helped one of his fellow soldier on the verge of death by eliminating its attacker insect. Viraj had slain almost 40 of the insects. Another one he slayed by crushing its eyes with his telekinesis and ultimately slashing its body into two.

After prolonged battle of 6-7 hours the insects were all killed. According to some soldier almost 4-5 lakh insects were attacking the settlements which were all killed in this battle. Viraj easily killed above 1000 enemies. He shot 288 Spen bullets. This battle was fought in Garkoryl.

Almost 350 wielders were also killed, mostly E rankers and D rankers. 2 C rankers died too. Viraj had slain almost like a rank-C knight. He had quite a potential even Fred noticed his mettle.

The local astral users came by to assist and heal the injured. They were human like but had reddish skin tone and black patches. Their eyes had horizontal pupil.

Fred approached Viraj and asked him about himself. Viraj told him where he was from, and how he became a wielder.
He asked him, "Are you some noble family, I have noticed you have the power to absorb spiritual energy from the enemies you have slain."
Viraj said he is not, he is the 1st wielder from his family.

Fred knew someone with similar power but he had died a long ago. He addressed his regiment, and asked them to have the food and juices brought by the locals. They will be deployed next to the Northside where Regiment of Casanova (B-ranked), Nagato (B-ranked) and Haider (B-ranked) fighting the insect forces have suffered heavy losses.

Open trucks were brought, the soldiers mounted the trucks and were ready. It would be a 10 hours journey to Northside town of Fahu from Garkoryl.

Viraj took a nap, a manifested body also need rest, expending energy means work is done. Viraj woke up as he had slept for almost 9 hours and were to reach their destination. After a few minutes they were dismounted from the trucks, another regiment under Liza (B-ranked) was also stationed, she had almost 400 wielder left in her regiment.

Liza and Fred met and discussed from where should they attack. They devised a plan that they will approach the south. The riflemen will fire at first then at point of contact riflemen will stop and wait to switch with the swordsmen.

Lisa was a fire user, she was toasting the ant like insect, the smell of burning was all in the air. Viraj fought diligently and was quick in settling enemies, but this time they were facing more than 10 million insects, there were some which could fly, Viraj was wind user so he maneuvering in the air but not with such class as much as Dilip sensei. A flying insect was quick and strike Viraj with the intent to pierce him, without his protective aura, he would have been dead. He fell on the ground, that flying insect landed and transformed itself into a formidable warrior. His 6 razor like arms were terrifying. It gulped a wielders head out, it was menacing how it ate the wielders head.

Viraj felt a chill in his spine, he was not scared for his life till now but now he was. Viraj took the sword of a fallen wielder on his left. He had his sword on his right had. Both of them started their sword battle. Dilip sensei training was only thing making Viraj able to stood a chance infront of that Insect. It was very strong and the exoskeleton was very tough even to put a scratch. Viraj was using his telekinesis to slow him down and using his wind attribute to help him evade the attacks quickly. The insect must be B or A level. The E ranked wielder getting slaughtered, by the insects. Viraj got a cut on his leg, he healed it instantly, Viraj was gifted to have so many abilities, he was so much better than other D-rankers. Actually his rank must have been increased to high C, his ability to absorb Spen made him special. It was an ability only few Noble families have, Suryavanchi and Rajverma families in India, Fujimoto clan in Japan, Dexon family of United Kingdom were currently known. In China a clan was rumoured to have such an ability but it was not officially known.

Viraj was getting trashed by that insect. His upper right arm got a slash, he got cut on left side of his chest and a slash on the torso. His wounds were so many he was not able to heal fast enough. He felt like his end was near. He had lost both his swords, he was bare hands now, he took out his Knife and charged at the Insect, suddenly a surge of electric bolt was surrounded Viraj and concentrated at the tip of his knife, the knife pierced the insect and the bolt of electricity instantly fried him from inside but a blade arm of that insect also pierced Viraj in his abdomen. Viraj painfully removed the blade, and the spen was getting absorbed into him, it took time as that insect had a huge reserve of spen. He was also battling any insect attacking him in this process. Because of the absorbed spen, Viraj was able to heal faster, all his wounds were recovered and he felt more energetic than before....  He took a sword he found on the ground and charged again.

Viraj must have reached rank-B by now, his speed, had improved drastically, he had invoked another attribute, the attribute of electricity. Fred saw Viraj slaughtering the Insects like a lightning. His use of wind and electric attribute along with his telekinetic powers was getting deadly.... In minutes he slaughter thousands. He was improving in a rapid manner.