#12: Lightning Hero of Yezkov

Millions of insects were wiped out, Viraj himself must have killed more than lakhs. Yahu battlefield became the graveyard of the insects. The other five regiments battling at Yahu were now only, 610 E rankers, 122 D rankers, 149 C-rankers, 5 B rankers and 1 A ranker.

The other five regiments also suffered heavy losses. They also cleared the area they were assigned. The locals brought their trucks and helped the injured and even healed them, healing attribute was also rare. Most healers were not battling even of the Divine Astral Military Corps. Co incidentally there was a Dexon in the Regiments, he fought in the western front. Viraj's ability to absorb was talked about in the Corps so he searched for Viraj and found him. When they returned to the base. His name was Joseph Dexon a B ranker, he probably would have surfaced A rank after this battle.

Dexon was also young but may be a older than Viraj, he asked," Where you from? I heard you can also use spen absorption"

Viraj said he was from Assam, India and didn't knew much about his abilities. Dexon called a wielder who must have a E ranker. In an instant he slit the throat of that guy and absorbed his spen.

Dexon said, "Show me that you can also do like this." Viraj was taken aback, he never saw someone killing another wielder without any regret or reason. Viraj was furious and they were about to engage when an A ranker named Pedro came between them, Pedro was a noble from Spain, he said, "Stop your insolence Dexon, I will report this to the British Ministries."

"Whatever", Dexon replied and backed off he turned and said to Viraj, "Assam right, my great grandfather was stationed there he must have f**ked your granny to give you this ability, you must be thankful to us." He gave an evil smirk and went on. Pedro said, Dexons are one of the powerful houses who control the British Astral ministries, they were arrogant and insolent as hell. No one would step against them.

Viraj didn't mind the words of that jerk Dexon. He was sad to see the world in the Astral realms was not different from the real world, the powerful crushing the weak. Almost 90% E rankers and 75% of D rankers were wiped out. 98 C-rankers died, no casualties in B-ranks and A ranks.

At the base, Fred with remaining wielders of his base, called for a gathering. He brought local wine and roasted meat. He called Viraj up the podium and said, "This boy, has fought so valiantly, he single handedly took out hundred thousands of them, he is young but I see him as a top Marshall in future, cheers to him, Cheers to the lightning hero of Yezkov." Everyone roared into cheers. Viraj poured out the wine he was offered, and scanned the food he was offered though no one was doing that.

They spent altogether two days in Yezkov which was not more than 1.5 hours on Earth. They returned to the junction 16B and returned the goods they had taken, if someone lost the items, fine was deducted from their salaries. Viraj was then asked to move towards the health camp.

Tears rolled down without him knowing, an unknown grief surrounded him. He was done with his check up and he was fine. He returned to the Astral Office, Gauhati on their lifts and sat on the cabin of miss Molina.

Miss Molina said, "Your captain, Fred  was very happy with skills. He have recommended you for a Divine Star. He also wrote about two of your knew abilities not mentioned in your info before, the attribute of electricity and Spen absorption ability."

Viraj replied he also had no idea that he had those abilities. The Miss Molina explained how the Spen increases in wielder. Spen is in the surrounding of the nature, when wielder travel to missions the Spen in the world they travel are quite high so it gets absorbed very minutely and the battles create more and more reserves in the wielder and they grow. But the person with absorption abilities have infinite amount of reserves and the ability to directly suck the Spen out of the enemy the wielder kills. The Suryavanshis from Delhi and Rajvarmas from Hyderabad were known to have this ability. These families don't engage much in missions rather they are known to be politically involved and govern the Astral Realm in our country. But Dexons from UK and Fujimotos from Japan engage actively in missions that's why they have Marshalls in their families.

She continued by saying his abilities will attract a lot of people. Viraj left the office and reached his home. It was 11:30 pm and he laid on his bed to sleep.

The next say he went to Dilip sensei's house. He practised with him, now Dilip sensei had to use his full powers to handle Viraj. He even used his time slowing abilities to tackle Viraj but Viraj's lightning speed almost got him. They took a break and sat on the floor.

Viraj told Dilip sensei about his mission, his squabble with Joseph Dexon and also about the talk with Miss Molina.

Dilip sensei said, "Now the noble families would want to recruit you into their assault forces, the noble families and some Marshalls have their own regiments, they carry out their own missions selected directly from the commissioned mission released by Divine Astral Union."

Viraj asked why Dilip sensei was not part of any such regiments. He replied he worked for 2 years when he a D-ranked but left because they carry out missions continuously without any breaks and they don't care if you are hurt or not, you cannot miss any missions, so he left and join the Astral Office, Gauhati as a Knight most of them, don't work for any betterment of the realms or protection where as the offices distribute the work evenly and manage some missions on their own. Though the salary at such private armies are very high.

Viraj said he was there to protect himself and do something to protect the world. As little as he has seen he thinks there are a lot of unknown forces that can end their world in an instant.

A lot of Noble families contacted Viraj, he respectfully declined everyone. He was granted 7 days leave after the mission at Yezkov. He trained with Dilip Sensei and tried to improve his skills.

He went to meet Mr Ahmed with Dilip sensei. He had recovered a lot, due to the healers. Sahil also heard about Viraj's Triumph at Yezkov. He said he would have never joined such a mission. Those type of missions are always dangerous and the lower rankers get slaughtered in such missions.

After leaving Mr Ahmed's place, Dilip sensei said to Viraj that, there is no place for selective joining of low risk missions. Every mission is risky despite its level. So don't try to avoid this face this as if your life depends on it.