Chapter 5: Hot friends

"Come on! You promised me you would!" Joshua whined, his grip tightening on Jeonghan's hand, who rolled his eyes in playful exasperation, attempting to shake Joshua off.

"Yes, but that promise expired yesterday," Jeonghan replied, his tone teasing as he pinched Joshua's hand lightly to free himself. "So cruel. I hope that math wizard will never-"

Jeonghan's sharp pencil found its mark, pointing threateningly at Joshua's neck, effectively silencing him as he gasped, eyes widening in alarm.

"Are you really going to-"

"Yes, finish that sentence, I dare you," Joshua grumbled, pushing Jeonghan away playfully as he settled beside him in the chairs, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"The movie is good, I promise!"

"I hate romance movies. Let's go for action ones; maybe I'll accompany you," Jeonghan suggested casually, his attention already drifting to his phone as he scrolled through messages.

"You're just jealous that you have no one with whom you can kiss when the romantic song plays in between," Joshua teased, his words accompanied by a playful nudge, but Jeonghan paid him no heed, engrossed in his phone's screen as it lit up with an incoming call.

"Shut up, Mingyu is calling me," Jeonghan announced, his voice a mix of annoyance and anticipation as he accepted the call.

"What? Yoon Jeonghan, he has a boyfriend-" Joshua's protest was abruptly muffled as a hand swiftly covered his mouth, silencing him as he chuckled beneath the restriction, his eyes dancing with mischief as he pushed Jeonghan's hand away.

"Yes, Gyu?" Jeonghan's voice, a melodic symphony, greeted Mingyu as he brought the phone to his ear, his eyes alight with anticipation, eager to immerse himself in the forthcoming conversation.

"Hey Jeonghan! Are you still at the campus?"

"Um, yes. I have a class at 2, then I'll go..." Jeonghan's words flowed smoothly, his figure reclined in the chair, exuding an aura of relaxed poise.

"Great, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, what is it?" Jeonghan's slender fingers toyed with his nails absentmindedly, his gaze drifting toward the azure sky beyond the windowpane.

"Can you go check on one of my friends? He's from the business department. Actually, he isn't picking up his calls and I'm just worried about him."

A jolt of surprise coursed through Jeonghan as Mingyu presented his request. Swiftly, he placed the phone on speaker, gesturing for Joshua to draw nearer, their heads inclined in shared curiosity.

"Which friend?" Jeonghan's voice held a tinge of urgency, his eyes narrowing as he leaned closer to the phone, Joshua mirroring his stance.

"It's Seungcheol. Choi Seungcheol from the business department."

A gasp hovered on the edge of Jeonghan's lips, stifled by his hand pressed firmly against his mouth. His heart quickened its pace, a suppressed giggle threatening to escape, as the implications of Mingyu's words dawned upon him.

"Oh... sure... which class?"

"It's in the second building, room number 20."

Though Jeonghan knew the location well, he concealed his familiarity, unwilling to divulge too much to Mingyu in this moment of intrigue.

"Okay, Mingyu... I'll go over and tell your friend to call you," Jeonghan responded, ending the call, his mind already abuzz with thoughts, Joshua emitting an audible squeal beside him.