Chapter 15: Secret out

Jeonghan and Joshua stepped into their garden. "Do you really think you can find them here? Literally, over hundreds of students come here to pluck flowers out, Jeonghan," Joshua said with a sigh as Jeonghan dragged him through the university garden.

"Well, we can at least try, right?" Jeonghan replied as he opened the fencing gate and walked in. Their garden was beautiful, filled with all types of flowers and was actually being taken care of. It was a very peaceful place to study too.

"Yes, what do y'all need?" The voice of the gardener forced them to turn their attention towards the man in his thirties standing in front of them, his hand sporting a gardening tool and a big hat to protect from the sun.

"Ah... umm... I wanted to ask if someone... uh... came to pick out a rose... uh..." Jeonghan said with a doubtful stance, making Joshua shake his head in disappointment. "Are you for real, Jeonghan?" Joshua hissed in his ear as he tugged at Jeonghan's hand.

"We are really sorry, we will go back," Joshua bowed to the gardener and started to drag Jeonghan away from there.

"Wait!" The man called out, and Jeonghan turned around with hopeful eyes.

"A boy did come... but... I don't know his name," he said, and Jeonghan's shoulders dropped in disappointment. "If I see him, I can identify him though, because I remember his face," the gardener said, holding the tool closer to himself as he fanned himself a bit.

"What's your name?" He asked. "Yoon Jeonghan," Jeonghan replied, and the man nodded.

"If I see him again, I will surely tell you, Jeonghan," the man said with a smile before walking back into the small garden cabin, and Jeonghan and Joshua made their way back.

"Now what?" Joshua said with a hint of sarcasm. "You're gonna drag everyone from the university just for that gardener to identify him?" He said, and Jeonghan just pouted as he kicked a small pebble walking back into their university.

"Shut up," he grunted, pushing Joshua to his side, causing the other to snicker.

"But hey! Look on the bright side, we got to know the gender! It's a boy!" Joshua said as he jerked Jeonghan through his shoulder, causing the pretty male to hiss as he started to feel his head turn dizzy.

"Stop, I'm dizzy!" Jeonghan said, shrugging Joshua off as he closed his eyes to regain his senses.

It's a boy. So a boy had been sending him those notes? First of all, wow! Second of all, what the heck? Third of all, who is it!

"Let's go," Joshua declared, nudging Jeonghan as they made their way to the cafeteria. Sunlight filtered through the leaves as they left the garden, where Jeonghan had dragged Joshua on one of his investigative escapades.

"Babe! Over here!" Seokmin's voice rang out, accompanied by an enthusiastic wave that made Jeonghan shrink with embarrassment. Joshua, however, matched the enthusiasm, waving back with equal vigor, drawing chuckles from the cafeteria crowd.

As they approached the table, Jeonghan couldn't help but wonder how he ended up in such a lively group of friends. "Can you act normal for once?" he hissed at Joshua, who responded with a playful tongue poke before pulling him towards their usual spot.

"It's not my style," Joshua quipped, effortlessly flicking his hair in a way that bordered on dramatic, earning an amused eye-roll from Jeonghan.

"Why did you take so long? The food's turned cold now," Seokmin complained good-naturedly as Joshua settled into his seat beside him, and Jeonghan took his place opposite.

"Jeonghan was playing detective again," Joshua explained between sips of cola, prompting a glare from Jeonghan, who retaliated with a discreet flick of the finger.