Chapter 7: Wink day and Invitation

Jeonghan stared at the note that was still stuck to his dorm door, a sigh escaping his lips as he tugged at it and pushed it into his pocket. It was the same note to which he had written back, but it remained in its original place, suggesting that either the recipient hadn't seen it or simply chose not to respond.

"I told him that this idea is very stupid," Jeonghan huffed to himself, recalling how Joshua had insisted they respond. Yet, what had it yielded? Nothing. "Stupid bitch," he cursed under his breath, stepping out of the elevator and onto the path toward his university.

Joshua wasn't accompanying him today; apparently, it was "the day Seokmin winked at me," and Joshua and Seokmin were on a date. So, it was just Jeonghan, traversing the campus alone, feeling somewhat like a loner.

He brushed back his black hair from his eyes as he crossed the threshold of the university gate, offering light smiles to familiar faces along the way.

Their university wasn't expansive, but it was sizable enough to house three different majors, resulting in a constant flow of students. The campus buzzed with activity, a lively ecosystem of academia. Jeonghan, however, preferred to avoid the bustling crowds whenever possible.

As he made his way through the labyrinth of pathways, he couldn't help but feel a sense of detachment from the bustling energy around him. The sunlight cascaded through the campus, casting long shadows across the manicured lawns and illuminating the brick facades of the buildings.

Jeonghan pushes the classroom door open and steps inside, noticing everyone in a relaxed posture. A frown creases his forehead as he scans the room. "What? Where's the teacher?"

"Um... Sujin? Is the teacher not here yet?" Jeonghan taps the shoulder of the brown-haired woman, who turns to give him her attention. "Apparently, Mr. Young is on leave, so it's just a free lecture, and after this, two lectures are canceled because of the university concert organization," Sujin answers, popping her bubblegum. Jeonghan forces a smile and nods.

Breath hyped, "So I wake up at six in the morning, get ready, and walk to this hellhole for what? For these dumbass teachers not showing up?" Jeonghan mutters to himself as he steps out of the classroom, frustrated. Free lectures are good and fun for people who come to pass the time or aren't interested in studying, but Jeonghan is passionate about his studies.

"I should just go to the library and head out before the concert begins," Jeonghan mutters to himself as he makes his way over to the library. It's a place where he can find peace, study, and see Seungcheol. A smile tugs at his face as he remembers him. "I'm coming, baby," Jeonghan whispers in a hushed tone as he rushes towards the library area.

Entering, Jeonghan finds it moderately emptier than usual, mostly because everyone is busy with concert preparations. He pouts as he walks over to the desk, spotting Mingyu sitting with his glasses perched on his nose bridge, flipping through a book that looks like a collection of digital games.

"Hey!" Jeonghan calls out, waving softly to catch Mingyu's attention. Mingyu blinks and looks up, closing the book with a soft smile. "Hey, Jeonghan, you here?" Mingyu says, leaning forward on the table.

Jeonghan nods with his lips pressed in a thin line, still annoyed about his wasted time at the university. "Yeah, my classes got canceled actually," Jeonghan says, and Mingyu nods.

"Well, that's great. Here's your book," Mingyu says, pushing the book into Jeonghan's hand. Jeonghan smiles, glancing at the title—'Citadel of Hearts'—and nods at Mingyu before walking over to his seat.

"Where is he?" Jeonghan murmurs to himself as he settles into his place and glances towards Seungcheol's seat, finding it empty. A sigh escapes his lips before Jeonghan decides to finally focus his attention on his book.