Chapter 1: Our faith

The war ended, house Atreidis had fallen. Arakis was left in ruins, only a few freemen remained.

They came the day after the war ended. We tried to run, to escape from them but they were far too many, they were far too powerful. Despite how hard we fought they won. They made us prisoners and brought us to the main temple, where they made us kneel. We stood there for quite a while until the doors opened. The baron was followed by his brother and his nephew. They walk past us to the front of the room.

They smiled, they knew they had won and before them was the last of the resistance they could face, kneeling for them.

"You've fought well, yet you have fallen, house Atreidis has fallen, your messiah has fallen." the baron said, you could hear the pleasure in his voice.

"I thought in the many ways I could kill you, end the freemen for good.... But my nephew has come with a far better option" he look at him and indicate him to step up into the light

There he was, before us the greatest warrior of all the harkonnens. The warrior who killed Paul Atreidis. He was tall, you can still see the blood in his war costume fresh from his kills. He was built like the ancient book describing the Greek goods.

"I will give you the choice to join us as warriors, to plague your alliance and devotion to us. Choose to join us and your life will be spare. On the contrary I will allow you to walk away and be gone in the depth of the desert to never be found." he had the same voice as his uncle. He enjoyed it as much or even more.

The baron spoke afterwards "you have been given a merciful choice, do it and assume the consequence of what you have decided. All of those who will want to join us remain on your knees, those who wish to leave stand up"

There was a silence in the room, no one moved for a moment. My mind was everywhere and nowhere. I was petrified, I had no tough and no straight to stand up, I was just there. Finally after it seemed forever someone stood up, and from then may followed. I felt a hand on my arm who got me up, I regained consciousness as I saw the face of my brother next to me.

"Come on lets go" he whispered to me"

"Very well" the barons said "you have made your choice, now please follow my nephew, he will lead you to the entrance" I saw him smile as he went down the corridor followed by his soldiers. We all follow him to the corridors to another room. I recognized this room, it was the entrance room and the door before us was the entrance. There was a loud shut and as I turned around I saw the doors from where we entered shut. We where trap between to doors main doors and to small doors on the side

"Youve made a mistake" his voice echoed in the room I couldn't see him, he was no where to be seen and yet his voice made it seem like he was everywhere.

"Lets play a game shall we? There is another exit in this castle I will late you go and find it, but if I find you first It will be my greatest pleasure to kill you one by one as each one of you see how your loved ones fall before you" the side doors "now run" we ran through the door, my hand griping my brother's. The castle was enormous; it was a maze. We ran for hours trying to find the door to exit but each time we thought we found it when we opened it there was another room and more corridors. We finally saw what seemed like a ventilation cage, my brother opened the cage and we went in. We sat there breathless

"We should had stayed" i said

"The would have killed us anyway"

"Maybe, maybe they would have made us part of their army"

"No! I would never join them, at least like this we keep our honor" "we are safe here for a while, rest we have to be on the move soon"

I was exhausted and wanted to rest but the inky thing I could hear was screams and machine guns shooting. We waited there for a while. Neither of us thought of what to say. The only thing we could do was stay there and hear the awful screams. The cage door opened and we were to harkonnens smiling at us pointing their guns. "Get out or i shoot her first '' one of them said I force in fear my brother looked at me hiding in my belt me discreetly a small blade. "It okey trust me" he said "just look in my eye's" he grabbed my hand as we exited the ventilation cube. If only we were smaller or the rest of the tube would have been wilder we could have been able to escape I thought as we exited "good now prepare to die" the harkamon said. As he said this my brother took his blade and sliced the throat of one of the harkamen. Engaged on a fight with the one remaining. "Run" he told me "run, don't look back, ill find you, as i always have" I saw him as he smiled at me and began running. I have no idea how much time I ran for, I kept going through the enormous dark corridors of the place until I could physically not run anymore, I stopped exhausted. I saw a pillar. I decided to hide behind it and pray for no one to find me. Such a stupid thought but it was all I had.