16

Tw: Mentions of scars throughout this chapter, read with caution or not at all ❤️

This chapter will mainly just be conversation between Draco and Celeste so I apologize if that is something you don't like. 

Celeste's pov:

     It was now around 11 pm and I was getting ready to head to the pond to see Draco. I wanted to tell him what Athena said about them hooking up but I was scared. I didn't know how he'd react. Ophelia said I should yell at him but Luna said I should just talk to him calmly. I swear these girls are polar opposites. I changed into a pair of leggings and a thin long sleeved shirt. Draco may have known about my scars but I still wanted to cover them up. Luna, Ophelia, and my grandparents were the only people who have ever seen them. Well now Athena and Susan have, along with Snape. I kept thinking about what Snape said to me in his office. I reminded him of himself and that he was treated the same way I am. I would have expected the entire school to be scared of him at my age, but I guess I was wrong. I quickly made a cup of tea and headed to the pond. When I arrived Draco was already sat waiting for me. "Hi Draco," I said as I approached him. 

     "Hi Celeste, come sit," He said. I sat down next to him and we both sat in silence for a few moments. Then he finally spoke up again, "Can we talk about what happened, like everything since the tournament?"

     I hesitated for a second but then agreed, "Yes, but if I start crying you can't laugh at me."

     "I would never laugh at you," He said as he placed his hand on mine. "Do you want to start with the tournament?"

     I nodded before speaking softly, "Did you hear what Harry said, when he came back with Cedric?"

     "I did, he said you know who is back,"

     "Voldemort is back, he killed Cedric,"

     "You're not afraid to say his name?"

     "No, Voldemort killed my parents and Cedric. I'm not afraid of him, not anymore."

     "I kn... wait your parents?"

     "Not many people know, only Dumbledore and McGonagall. I was away at my grandparents, I guess I'm just like Harry. The girl who lived."

     "I'm so sorry..."

     "It's okay, I'm not even sure if Voldemort knows I exist, but if he does... I'll be ready when my time comes."

     "Don't say that."

     "It's fine, I'm fine. You know I was so mad at Harry for what happened. I mean he's the one that is supposed to kill Voldemort but he did nothing." I said, Draco remained silent. "Then I went home for the funeral."

     "How was the funeral?"

     "Hard, really hard. The entire time I was home was hard. Then I finally come back and am welcomed with hate," I said softly chuckling. 

     "From Athena and Susan."

     "Yeah, but not even just yesterday. The day before I heard them talking about me in the bathroom."

     "What did they say?"

     "They said I should have stayed home, that no one likes me besides Ophelia and Luna. They said since Cedric was gone no one was here to protect me anymore"

     "That's not true. I like you so does Pansy and the rest of my friends, and we will all protect you. I mean Pansy and Ophelia hit those girls pretty hard when they were fighting."

     "They actually mentioned your friends as well, but they mentioned you by name."

     "What did they say?"

     "They said you guy's wouldn't stick up for me. That you guys didn't care about me. Then Athena blamed me for you ghosting her. She said you two were hooking up last year and then you stopped talking to her. We became friends and now I'm some slut," I said. I felt tears fill my eyes but quickly wiped them away. 

     "God... I hooked up with her twice. Please don't worry about me and her," Draco said sighing.

     "I'm not worried...." I say hesitantly.

     "She's dead to me, even more so now then she was before. She tried to talk to me today and I told her that is she tries to talk to me again, I'd break her nose instead of Pansy doing it."

     "That's not very nice."

     "Why are you so nice to people? You always help people especially people who don't deserve it."

     "I can't help myself so I help other people. I've been through things I never want to see other people go through."

     "Your scars?"

     "That's not even the half of it, but yes that's one of them."

     "Can I see them?" He asks softly. I hesitate for a moment but slowly lift the sleeves of my shirt. You can't see them as well but with the moonlight shining almost directly on us, they're visible. He took both my wrists in hand and looked over them. He gently traced over them with his thumbs, "I'm so sorry."

///////

A/N Sorry for the short chapter. This might be the last update for about two weeks as it is Finals week and then I move back home. Thank you so much for 200 reads!