Chapter 17

I knew now that I was IN love with Carlos. He insisted I didn't have to explain my past to him, but I did. I wanted to. I wanted to be completely open with him. The way he held me after I told him. I don't think I've ever felt so safe and loved. I lost it when he said he wants to be there for my little boy. To be a dad to him and teach him stuff a dad would. We had a moment where we were making out and he was getting handsy. I liked it though. The way his hands caressed and explored my body as he moved them down. I wanted him so bad in the moment.

           Elias had interrupted the moment and I hoped he wasn't upset. That was the thing with a toddler, I just hoped Carlos would get the hang of it. We were tired after our flight so Carlos ordered us room service. We ate and talked about things to do during the week before Carlos got completely busy with the race weekend. Elias fell asleep on the couch and Carlos carried him to the bedroom. As the night got late, Carlos was getting sleepy as well but didn't want to say nothing. "Want to go to bed?" I asked him softly. It was just us two on the couch. "Are you tired?" He asked me back. I nodded my head. "Let's get some sleep amor" he got up from the couch and offered his hand to help me up. We were both standing in the middle of the suites tiny living room. The awkward impending question. Would I sleep with my little boy or would I sleep with Carlos.  We stood there, only a small lamp lighting the room. It was enough light for us to see each other. My head tilted up to look him in the eyes. His head looking down into my eyes. It was one of those moments where the silence said a thousand words.

           He took my hand and we walked to the suites main bedroom. My suitcase was already there. He told me he was going to brush his teeth and change in the bathroom, giving me a kiss on the forehead. Once he was in the bathroom I went through my suitcase and got some sleeping shorts out and a t shirt. Grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste I went to the bathroom door and knocked. "Can I come in and brush my teeth?" I spoke. He didn't answer and then door suddenly opened. He was shirtless. Just had some simple gym shorts brushing his teeth. He went back to the sink and mirror and I followed. He waited in the bathroom as I brushed my teeth. I could see him staring at me from the mirror. As I finished brushing my teeth and rinsed my mouth, he went behind me and gave my ass a smack. I quickly stood up straight and looked at him in surprise.

            He walked into the bedroom and into the bed. I joined him soon after. He pulled me into him with his arm. I swung a leg over his and propped my head on his chest. His hand rested low on my hip. "Goodnight mi vida" he whispered and kissed my head. "Goodnight amor" I returned. I was too tired to let my mind wander, being safely in Carlos's arms just felt perfect. The warmth from his body, his hand resting on my lower back and hip. It didn't take long before I was out.

The next morning;

                  I wake up an empty bed. The spot where Carlos was laying had gone cold now. I get up and walk out of the bedroom to the small living room. I find Carlos and Elias sitting on the couch talking. "I think you'll be this year's world champion Carlos. You've been on fire all season." Elias exclaims. "Thanks Eli. I really hope so" I stand and watch them converse for a while before cutting in. "Buenos Dias mis amores" I greet. They both stand and walk to me. "Buenos Dias mami" Eli hugs me. "Morning mi Vida. Sorry, you looked so beautiful sleeping I didn't want to wake you." He explains with a kiss on my head. "It's ok." I smile at him. "I'm not sure about you guys but I'm hungry..." I blurt. "Ahh yes, my teammate Charles texted me late last night saying he and his girlfriend had arrived. He asked if we'd want to go out for some breakfast with them" Carlos tells me. "Charles?! Charles Leclerc?!" Eli cuts in before I can respond.

         "That sounds good" I answer chucking and ruffle Eli's curls. "It'd be nice to meet your friend. And then dinner with the rest of your friends tonight right?" I ask to confirm. "Yup. I'm sure he's up now, I'll text him to let him know." He says and pulls his phone out of his pocket. He grabs reply almost instantly. "He says perfect, to meet in the lobby in an hour" Carlos confirms. "Sounds good. Eli cariño go take a shower. Be quick so we can shower too" I instruct him and he goes to the bathroom. "I'm going to get his clothes for him." I tell Carlos and he's just helplessly smiling at me. I go into the room Eli slept in and open his luggage. It was pretty cool when we arrived yesterday so I got some jeans and a thin longsleeve for Eli to wear. I knocked to signal I was coming into the bathroom and let him know I left his clothes on the bathroom counter for him. It didn't take long until he was out of the shower and dressed. I told Carlos he could shower next and he went in. I had a small talk with Eli about being polite and not going all fan crazy. He said he'd try but couldn't promise anything. Finally when it was my turn I took a quick shower, I wouldn't have time to blow dry and diffuse my hair so I put it in a slick back ponytail.