Chapter 20

We woke up fairly early the next morning. I reached for my phone in the nightstand next to the bed to check the time. 7:43am. Carlos's grip around me tightened for a second, alerting me he was ok. "Good morning handsome" I greeted as I turned in his arms so that we were facing each other. "Good morning amor" he returned as he tucked a loose curl behind my ear. "I'm surprised Eli isn't up by now. But, last night Kelly and the girls invited me to a girls breakfast, she said I could take Eli." I told him. "That sounds good amor, so what did you think of the group?" He asked me. His eyes curiously studying me.

"Everyone seems so nice and welcoming. I'm glad you have surrounded yourself with such good people. I'm glad everyone was nice and welcoming with Eli too. The guys were all very sweet and polite with me and then very friendly with Eli, the girls were all so sweet. I just hope they liked us and weren't just like that because we were in public" I said, my smile dropping at the end. "Oh amor, don't think like that. They're great people." He assured me. "What will you do while I'm at breakfast?" I asked. "Not sure. I'll probably text Lando? Or maybe Charles or Max. I need to get a workout in, see if any of them want to join. If you're still with the girls when I'm done, I'll see if one of them wants to get some food. But don't worry about me amor, is Cassidy going with you too?" He switched the topic back to me. "They invited her too but you saw her drinking 4 margaritas last night, she won't be waking up anytime soon. She declined in advanced saying 'I won't be in the mood to wake up early on purpose'". I laughed.

"If you want I could take Eli, I know you said Kelly insisted you could take him. I just wanted to put the offer out." He said. "Thanks amor, but I'll go ahead and take him with me. Kelly will take Penelope, that way she won't be the only kid there." I assured him. My phone rang and I turned to reach for it on the nightstand.
Incoming call: Kelly
"It's Kelly." I told Carlos. I answered her call. "Good morning!" Kelly's singy voice greeted. "Good mornings Kelly" I returned the greeting normally. "Just wanted to confirm breakfast with you? The girls all agreed on 9:30am, is that ok with you?" She checked in. "Yeah, sounds good. Just send me the address of where we'll meet so I can get dropped off." I said. "Perfect, see you soon girly!" The excitement clear in her voice. "She said 9:30am for breakfast, she's going to send me the address." I informed Carlos. "Ok amor, can I go with you to drop you off?" He asked so cutely. "Yeah. Now let me get up to freshen myself up and then I'm going to go check on my little guy." I said as I got up from bed into the bathroom. I left the door ajar and started my morning routine. Brushed my teeth, washed my face. I was in the middle of refreshening my curls when I heard the bedroom door creak open. "Buenos Dias Elias, how'd you sleep little man?" I heard Carlos say. Eli must've woken up. "Good. I'm hungry" I heard him say shyly. "Your mom is going to take you with her to get breakfast with the girls she met yesterday. Penelope will be there too" he tells Eli.

I open the bathroom door so I can see my boys, while still refreshing my hair. "Good morning papi" I greet my little boy. "Buenos Dias mami. Are we going to go out for breakfast with the people from yesterday?" He asked me and then looked back at Carlos. "Yes cariño. Why don't you hop in the shower and I'll have your clothes ready for when you get out" I suggest as I exit the bathroom finally pleased with my hair. "Ok mami" he hurriedly crawls off the bead and zoomed into the bathroom. Carlos crawls out from under the blanket and sits on the end of the bed. "I'm going to go get his clothes. Be right back" I say heading for the door. I grab Elias a pair of jeans and a simple hoodie shirt, it's still quite chilly in the morning here. I enter the bedroom to find Carlos standing looking out the window while on the phone. I place Eli's clothes in the bathroom for him and walk up behind Carlos, wrapping my arms around his naked torso. My arms barely reach fully around.

"Alright Lando, see you mate." And he hangs up. He turns around wrapping his arms around me. "Have I told you how beautiful you are" he asks me, we're locked in serious eye contact. "Yess" I blush. He leans down to kiss my forehead. "That was Lando he called me asking if I wanted to workout with him. I told him I'd drop you and Eli off and then we could meet at the hotel gym. He's actually staying in the same hotel" he adds. "Sounds good amor."