Chapter I.

I was awakened by the loud banging on the door. I checked the bedside clock, squinting while doing so.

3:26AM.

"Don't make me break this damn door down!" I immediately got up, turning on the light. I tiredly made my way to the door.

Whoever was on the other side was about to put a hole through the door with their fist. I swung it open, wondering who could be at my house at such a time.

"Nick?" I furrowed my eyebrows, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Was it really him? "Get dressed!" He exclaimed, walking by me into the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" I closed the door, following behind him. "I'll explain once you put some damn clothes on." He said, pouring hot water in my coffee maker.

"A-Alright, fine. I'll be out in a few.." I replied, yawning. What could possibly be so important that he shows up at my house so early?

וו×

"So Nicholas, what brings you here?" I asked for about the 3rd time in an hour. "S.H.I.E.L.D-" Once he said that I groaned aloud.

"Look Kirsten, there's no better scientist I know. If so, I wouldn't be here." He spoke, sipping his black coffee.

I added more sweetener to mine before saying "You'll have to find someone else, Fury. I'm done with this, and you know that." I said, mixing in the sugar.

"I know you're a bomb ass scientist, too. We need you." He sat his empty mug on the living room table, and I huffed. "I don't know.." I mumbled.

"Well, you got 15 minutes to find out," He looked at his watch. "I got places to be." I looked at him, and he gave me a blank stare.

"Hurry up and get ready." He stood up, taking his mug in the kitchen. He helped himself to more coffee. "Thanks for asking." I rolled my eyes.

"It taste good, too." He started his second cup, while I went to get my things together..