Chapter 46

I'm trying to update a lot because I know how I'm going to end this book :) :( I have a really good idea so in like 10 chapters or so, I'm ending the story...

_______________

Percy's POV

When I read that poem, I burst out laughing, but the other boys looked at me like Mr. D was making me go crazy.

On the REALLY long train ride to Colorado to see the Hoover Dam, I explained about the quest I went on while looking for Annabeth. They still didn't laugh.

We looked around, Frank dropped random pebbles off the edge, Jason kept looking around like he expected Piper to be one of the tourists, and Leo was building who knows what.

I, on the other hand, walked straight to the giant bird statues with shiny toes and grabbed the slip of paper from one of the birds mouths.

I was about to call the rest of the boys over to me, but before I could, I heard Leo screaming.

"OH THIS IS NOT GOOD!!"

I looked over to see Jason and a bird flying over the edge of the Hoover dam, but Leo was still clinging desperately to the handrail as a lastroginian giant, or 'Canadian' trying to pull Leo from the handrail by yanking on his feet.

Jason went in with his sword, but the giant swatted at him like he was a pesky fly, and Jason went tumbling towards the ground.

Frank had changed back into a human and was trying to pull Leo to the other side away from the Giant.

All of a sudden, Leo looked up at me and frank, then promptly let go of the bar, so he was dangling upside down from the Giants hand.

The giant grumbled and started shaking Leo like a rattle.

Leo took out a screw driver and chucked it at the giant, hitting its eye.

Leo was dropped as the giant stumbled, right into Percy's sword.

Leo was screaming for Jason, but it abruptly stopped. Frank gulped and sat down.

All of a sudden, Jason and Leo came flying over and crash landed right in front of frank, who was so scared, he promptly turned into an orange kitten.

"A kitten," Leo said dryly, "Very macho."

I gathered the rest of the boys and brought out the slip of paper.

Ah such brave little boys
I have gifts for you all
And no, they aren't toys.
If you dare, take the phone call.

With that, a pay phone nearby started ringing.