chapter one

I was sleeping soundly when I heard a loud banging sound. I sat bolt up, the only thought going through my head was that I had to protect my little sister. I jumped up and slipped downstairs where the noise had come from only to find my best friend Chris attempting to raid my fridge.

"You have a house of your own. You know that right?" I asked in my best bitch voice.

"But you have better food and no judgmental parents," He whined in a little kid voice.

"I don't care I have to buy food myself and if you want better food then you should go grocery shopping with your dad," I chastised.

"You wouldn't have to buy your own food if you moved into the pack house," He pointed out.

"But it's overcrowded," I lied to cover the real reason which was that, his dad, the alpha always giving me creepy looks like he was trying to eat me with his eyes when no-one was watching. So I moved me and my little sister into a small house closer to her school with the excuse that the pack house was overcrowded.

"Not since the Van Pelts got their own place," he argued.

Before I could respond Sadie, my little sister came into the kitchen.

"Sorry, sis. Did we wake you up?" I asked. She shook her head and walked over Chris before turning back to me, putting big puppy dog eyes in place if her regular ones and begging me to move us back. We all knew that it was ultimately my choice since I've been in charge of Sadie since our parents died, even though if you asked the courts they would say Tristan, Chris's dad and our alpha was her guardian, but everyone knew I couldn't say no to Sadie's puppy eyes.

"Fine," I surrendered, throwing my hands up.

"Yay," Sadie cheered. "Come help me pack, Chris."

'What have I gotten myself into,' I thought as I trudged upstairs after Sadie and Chris.

I rolled my eyes at their hyperness and got the moving boxes I had sitting in the little attic like storage area. Once that was done we went through the actions of putting all our clothes and other belonging that we needed and the pack house didn't have.

It took us five hours to get everything packed up. It was about two in the afternoon so I decided to order a couple of pizzas for the three of us. I ordered a half cheese, for Sadie, and half Hawaiian, for me, and a meat lovers for Chris.

It took thirty minutes for the pizzas to arrive. We all sat in front of the tv, which we hadn't packed because the pack house had a huge flat screen in the living room and between Chris's status and Sadie's puppy eyes we would always have control over it, and watched my little pony because Sadie wouldn't stop crying when we tried to tell her no.

At about four the doorbell rang. I rolled out the chair I was laying on and opened the door only to come face too face or more accurately face to chest with the one reason I didn't want to move to the pack house in the first place, Tristan.

"Hey, Alpha. What can I do for you?" I asked leaning against the door frame.

"Where is my son?" He asked roughly.

"Watching My Little Pony," I stated.

"Sadie picked it out," Chris whined. "and why are you here dad?"

"You missed alpha training," Tristan said coldly.

"Wait, that was today?" Chris asked sounding shocked. Tristan huffed in annoyance and jerked his head toward his waiting car wordlessly telling Chris to get in. Tristan looked at me like he had something more to say but then just turned and left with his son.

After going about three hours without hearing a word from Chris I decided to text him. 'Hey, Chris are you still alive or did your dad skin you for missing training? Does he even know you asked me and Sadie to move back in, it didn't seem like he did?'

After two minutes my phone beeped indicating I had a new message to read.

'No I'm not dead. And of course he knows, he's the alpha.' Chris said in response.

'OK then he must hate me.'

'What makes you think that?'

'He's always looking at me like I've done something wrong and he blames me every time you screw up.'

After ten minutes I tried to text him again. 'Chris?'

'Chris, stop ignoring me.'

'CHRIS!!!'

Then my phone beeped with a message from Gabe, one of the pack members, it read, 'hey man sorry. My dad read the message and crushed my phone, literally. PS it's Chris'

'Why would he do that?' I replied

'How should I know. Anyway gtg Gabe wants his phone back.'

I sat there with my phone in my hand for almost an hour trying to figure out why Tristan would do something like that but couldn't for think of a single plausible explanation.

I finally gave up when I saw the time and made sure Sadie was in bed before I went to bed.