chapter nine

As we reached the bottom of the stairs it became clear why Lexi had gone upstairs. Veronica was in the middle of the living room with her daughters.

"Your alpha is willing to throw a pregnant woman and her three young daughters out on the cold, harsh streets and he doesn't even consider letting us stay, not even for a day, not even until I find a job."

"Yeah, he just goes upstairs to his room and fucks his little, underage, boy-toy." one of the daughters agreed.

"Do you think that is the right thing to do? Or do you think we should be given time to find a way to survive in this cruel, cold world."

I rolled my eyes at their little display. I leaned into Tristan's side and breathed in his scent. He played with something hanging from my neck. 'I'm still wearing my collar.' I realized, happily.

"Look there's your alpha and his little whore, now," one of the daughters hissed. "How does it feel to have our blood on your hands?"

"It's summer, there are three, werewolf friendly, homeless shelters in town and if your mom was pregnant wouldn't we be able to hear a heartbeat?" I asked.

Everyone in the living room froze and looked at me. Then turned back to Veronica and seemed to be trying to hear the heartbeat. She glared at me. I smiled as sweetly as possible back and walked towards the kitchen. Before I could make anything to eat Tristan pulled me towards the garage.

"How about we go out and eat?" he offered.

"I'm not exactly dressed to leave the house," I complained, gesturing to my skinny jeans and Tristan's shirt that I had thrown on.

"Okay, so we go to Sonic or McDonalds."

"Okay."

He unlocked the doors and we climbed in.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to leave right now? I mean Veronica and her daughters are trying to start shit."

"It'll be fine. Relax."

"How can you be sure?"

"Chris was coming down the stairs after us and he looked pissed that they called you a whore and my 'boy toy'. So he's going to tear into them and everyone was already questioning them after what you said. So we really have nothing to worry about."

"Good. Why did you want to leave the house so badly though?" I asked.

"I said I wouldn't do anything rash. If we'd stayed there I might have killed Veronica," he explained.

"Oh that makes sense." I relaxed and leaned against the door. I sat there quietly for a few minutes just listening to the music.

"How are you walking? You couldn't even sit up this morning, did the pain go away?" Tristan inquired.

"No, I just got used to the pain. Why?"

"Because all I can think about is pinning you to the back seat and having my way with you and I wanted to know if the pain had gone away."

"If I had said yes would you have?" I checked.

"Yes," he answered without hesitation.

"In that case, the pain just went away," I announced.

"You sure?"

"Definitely," I assured, already climbing into the backseat. He laughed and pulled the car over on to a side road. He quickly jumped into the back and sat on top of me, straddling my hips.

"Are you sure cause you won't be able to walk after this?"

"I'm sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After two hours we finally went back to getting food. I was still laying down in the backseat because it was to much work to climb back into the front and caused to much pain.

"Do you want Sonic, McDonalds, Burger King or Taco Bell?" Tristan asked me.

"Sonic, I want a peanut butter shake," I cheered happily.

"Okay, but you have to eat real food too," he said pointedly.

"Chili cheese dog."

"You are not eating that in my car."

"Fine, a number one with bacon."

"Okay."

"Welcome to Sonic. May I take your order?" the box crackled.

"A number five with a medium coke and tatortots and a number one add bacon, tatortots and a medium peanut butter shake."

"Okay so that was a number five with a medium coke and tateortots and a number one add bacon, tatortots and a medium peanut butter shake.

"Yes." Tristan confirmed.

"That'll be $17.39. You'll order will be out shortly."

I rolled over and reached for the front seat.

"Are you going to try and climb up here?" Tristan asked, amused.

"Yes and I wouldn't have trouble if you weren't so rough."

"It was your choice I told you before hand that you wouldn't be able to walk afterwards."

"I know and it was amazing. I just don't like the results."

"What ecstasy, a mind blowing orgasm or being filled with my cum?" he asked cockily.

"I meant pain." I stated as I sat down, wincing in pain.

"I didn't injure you, did I?" he worried.

"No, I'm fine it's just uncomfortable to sit and walk." I explained.

"Good. I'd never forgive myself if I'd hurt you."

Before I could respond our food arrived. Tristan paid the car hop and we left Sonic. We pulled into the garage and Tristan grabbed the food and killed the engine.

"Can you walk or do I need to carry you?" Tristan asked, looking almost hopeful at the aspect of carrying me and as if he already knew the answer.

"I can walk," I growled, opening my door and stepping out. As soon I let go of the door the pain at the bottom of my back became to much for me and I fell back onto the seat.

"Are you sure?" Tristan asked, smiling. I glared at him but held my hands up in a 'pick me up' way. He laughed and put one arm behind my back and one behind my knees so that when he stood up he was carrying me bridal style.

He carried me upstairs and luckily for me no-one was in the living room or by the stairs. We made it to his room and he sat me on his bed. He quickly sorted through the food, giving me mine and eating his. He turned on some movie I wasn't paying enough attention to, to remember the title of.

I finished my food in the first fifteen minutes and spent the rest of the movie cuddling with Tristan. Once the movie ended Tristan turned off the tv and light and climbed into bed. It took another ten minutes for me to get comfortable enough to fall asleep.