chapter eleven

I woke up in a dark, cold room with no windows, three over head lights and only one door. I tried to walk to the door but my ankles were chained to the wall. The door opened and a tall blonde walked into the room.

"Hello there, Skylar. I'm Conner."

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"Because you are very special and we need to do some test to see what makes you that way."

"What's so special about me?"

"You are a one in a million male wolves that are able to carry children."

"That's not possible," I argued.

"It is and you are proof. You need to rest now so that you have energy for tomorrow's experiments," he started.

I felt my eye lids grow heavy. I fought to keep my eyes open but as Conner turned to leave sleep won me over and a laid down on the cold concrete floor.

The next time I opened my eyes I was in big white room with low hanging lights and lab tables lined up in long columns, each with a boy no more than sixteen on top. The blonde boy sitting to my right turned to me with a look of concern.

"You're new here. I'm Avery. Who are you?"

"Skylar. What do you mean I'm new here? I'm not supposed to be here, and I doubt anyone else here is either."

"Yes, we are. Our packs dumped is here because they didn't want us any more. Didn't yours?" Avery asked, confused.

"No. I was taken from my pack while I was asleep," I explained, sadly.

"Oh, then you'll be out of here soon enough," Avery started.

"What do you mean?"

"If your pack comes looking for you they'll find you. This is kind of like a pound. For werewolves."

"Oh, okay," I said, not believing a word even though I knew he wasn't lying, I knew that wasn't the truth. "How do you know who much?"

"I've been here since I was eight," Avery explained.

"No one's come for you, yet?" I asked. He shook his head sadly. "Well, you can come home with me. If you want."

"That'll be great. Are you sure your alpha wouldn't mind?" He worried.

"Of course my mate won't mind. He loves it when we get new pack members especially if they're as nice as you," I complimented smiling. I slowly began to plan our escape, if we get out of here we can get everyone else out of here as well.

I was put on a schedule:

six am - wake up

seven am - eat breakfast

eight to ten am - exercise

eleven am - shower

twelve pm - eat lunch

one to three pm - medical testing

three pm - mental testing

four to six pm - free time

six pm- eat dinner

seven to eight pm - chores

eight pm - clean up

nine pm - lights out

It took three days for me to get the schedule down but once I did, I put the finishing touches on my plan. The guards entered the room at nine o'clock, did a head count, turned off the lights and left the room. I relayed my plan to Avery in hushed whispers.