Chapter 1

"Emma! The car behind us is not slowing down." Amy said panicking.

"It's fine. You always think that, stop worrying so much." I said as I came to a complete stop behind a dark blue Honda.

I looked in the rear view mirror just as another car pulled to a stop next me.

I braced myself as I realized Amy was right, the car directly behind us was definitely not planning on slowing down any time soon. I honked my horn frantically hoping the car in front would notice and pull forward so I could move away. Instead, the cars back up lights turned on and it slowing started moving towards me.

"What the hell is going on?!" I yelled looking for another way out.

The car from behind slammed into us, our air bags exploded. A man got out of the car in front of us and another from the car behind us. The third car to the side stayed put.

For a split second I thought maybe it was just a freak accident and the men were coming to help. But the windows of my car were quickly shattered and Amy had a knife to her throat. I turned my head to search for someone to help us and saw gun pointed right at me.

I was shocked, I couldn't process what was happening fast enough. I felt the pressure from the air bag subside, and then my seat belt was gone.

"She's unconscious." The man on Amy's said yelled.

I leaned over to see if I could help Amy and was jerked back by my hair.

"you run, she dies" he threatened.

He was a good looking guy with dark brown hair, green eyes, and strong arms. He was probably around my parents age. Even so had the situation been different, I think I would have found him quite attractive.

"Blake hurry up!!" someone yelled at him.

"Coming" Blake yelled as he swung the door open and pulled me out of the car.

I grabbed onto my steering wheel and held onto it with all the strength I could, still trying to get my breath back after having the wind knocked out of me.

Blake wrapped his arms around me lifting me off the ground and pulled.

"Amy! Amy wake up!" I cried.

Blake released me, and I turned to look behind me curious as to why he had let go.

Blake had his gun pointed directly at Amy and pulled the trigger just as I lunged at him. He stumbled back tripping over his own feet and fell to the ground.

I ran back to my car and jumped in hoping we could get somewhere or find someone to help us.

Amy was covered in blood, I couldn't tell where it was coming from but she was still breathing and that's all that mattered for now.

I reached to turn my keys finding nothing there. My heart dropped and I looked around frantically finally finding them on the floor just under my seat.

I quickly bent over to get them but a pair of hands wrapped around my neck and began pulling me through my broken window, not wasting any time opening the door.

I pulled at the hands around my neck as I gasped for air struggling to breathe.

My feet hit the asphalt next to my car, a second man immediately stepped in front of me and pressed a dirty cloth over my face, everything went dark.

(Authors Note: please vote and comment to let me know what you think! This is my first story, Thanks for reading! *Also, check out my new book "Someone Is Watching" on Kindle, Nook, Apple, and Kobo now!)