Chapter 3

I woke up laying face down on cold wet ground, I tried to roll over and the pain from the day shot through my body.

Slowly sitting up I began to take in my surroundings. It was a fairly small room with a low ceiling and no windows. There was only one door.

I quietly moved towards it and was surprised to find it unlocked. My heart raced with excitement at the possibility of getting out of this nightmare.

I slowly opened the door, slipped inside and shut it quietly behind me. I couldn't see a thing, I felt around the walls for a light for a few moments before successfully finding it and flipping it on.

What I found made my stomach churn and I immediately began to feel light headed. Taking deep breaths, moved towards a bed at the far right side of the room.

"Hey! Hey! Wake up!" I yelled as I shook the still body of a poorly fed and badly bruised girl. I felt for a pulse, it was light but it was there. "Come on please wake up" I plead.

"I see you found Cory" a voice boomed behind me, making me jump. "I meant to take care of that before you woke, but, oh well, now you know what happens when you don't obey. I guess she just couldn't take it anymore".

As the man moved over to the bed, I backed into a corner. He began taking the sheets off, rolling them up around Cory. There were restraints, but none of them had been used by the looks of it. The man effortlessly lifted the body and carried her out of the room, leaving the door open. Curious about how he had gotten in, I quietly followed.

The man stopped next to a wall in the main room, he stood there a few seconds before it started to slide open, Blake stood on the other side.

"Ahh well I see you are finally up, about time." Blake said as he entered the room.

"Wait!" I yelled as the other man stepped out. "Please, take her to a hospital, you don't have to stay just drop her off."

"Why would we do that?"

"Because... I, I'll do anything you want me to, just please get her help." I plead "But I'll need proof, proof that she got there alive." I finished taking all the courage that I had.

"Compelling offer... What kind of proof do you want?"

"Take me with you, you can blindfold me until we get there and on the way back"

Both men looked at each other and laughed.

"Don't you think that might look a little suspicious to other drivers?" Blake answered. "Plus, she has seen our faces, how stupid do you think we are?".

"You have that stupid van, use it. And she's close to death, you really think she's going to be able to identify you after all she's been through?" I said sounding as confident as I could.

The men looked at each other exchanging looks for a few seconds.

"And you'll do everything your told?"

"Promise" I said, as my mind thought "hell no, I can't believe they're falling for this".

"Ok, let's go" Blake said grabbing my arm forcefully.

"Blake are we really going to do this?" The other man questioned as we were walking out of the room.

"Just get her in the car and drive, Jason" Blake replied.

Jason set the girl in the back of the van and walked around to the drivers side of the car.

"Get in" Blake told me.

I climbed in and began to sit by Cory, hoping I could do something to help her before we got there.

"I don't think so" Blake said grabbing the collar of my shirt, pulling me towards the opposite side of the van.

"Can't take any risks of you running away."

He pushed me down and quickly handcuffed me before jumping out of the van and slamming the door shut.

We drove for what had to have been multiple hours, before pulling to a stop.

"Stay here and be ready" I heard Blake say to Jason.

The door slid open and I could see the hospital sign. Blake quickly lifted Cory out of the van, set her on the side walk, jumped into the back of the van and slammed the door shut.  We were speeding away before I even realized exactly what was happening.

Blake stayed in the back of the van the whole way back to house. I had hoped that once we got the girl to the hospital I could concentrate on getting my self out of this hell hole, but the way Blake kept looking at me made me uncomfortable and all I could think about was what they had done to Cory and what they were going to do with me.

(Authors Note: please vote and comment to let me know what you think! This is my first story, Thanks for reading! *Also, check out my new book "Someone Is Watching" on Kindle, Nook, Apple, and Kobo now!)