Chapter 6

I woke to a sandwich and glass of water. I sat up slowly gasping in pain, my muscles were sore from the drug and sleeping on the ground hadn't helped either.

As I ate, I started to form a plan of escape.

I went and flattened myself against the wall where the men came in and out. I stayed there for a good amount of time before it began to open. My heart started pounding, nervous that a plan this simple and obvious wasn't going to work.

"We need to get started, that drug really affected her, now we are 3 more days behind schedule." Jason said.

Three days!? No wonder I was so sore.

"We'll be fine." Blake said sounding annoyed. "She must have gone back in the bedroom, I don't see here out here."

They moved towards the bedroom and I quietly slipped out as the wall began to close.

"What the hell did you do with her?" I heard Jason yell.

"What are you talking about?" Blake replied walking into the room behind Jason.

"She's not here."

"Ok and why do you think I have something to do with that?" Blake asked angrily.

"Because you have some strange obsession with her." Jason replied as the wall came to a complete close.

Once it closed I ran past it and up a flight of stairs to what I thought would have been the main level. I should have paid more attention when I was being brought back down here, I had no idea where to go.

"Find her!" Jason yelled "Luke stayed home from school sick, we can't let him see her."

I heard the men running up the stairs and quickly decided to go right. I ran through the hall, when it came to a stop there were two doors. I quietly opened the left and slipped inside closing it behind me.

I turned and looked at the room, a bedroom, and found there was someone on the bed. My heart raced, I heard the men getting closer and knowing I had no other choice, I crawled under the bed and tried to quiet my heavy breathing.

Jason opened the door and looked around the room before closing it.

"Dad?" The voice on the bed above me said.

The door reopened and Jason stepped inside.

"What are you doing?"

"I lost something, I thought you may have taken it by accident." Jason replied

"What was it?"

"Nothing, it's not important, go back to sleep Luke."

The door closed once again and I let out a sigh of relief. I stayed under the bed for a few minutes hoping Luke was someone who fell asleep quickly.

When I thought it was safe, I began to crawl out from under the bed. Just as I stood I made eye contact with Luke.

"Took you long enough to come out from under there. Who are you? And why are you hiding from my dad?" He asked me.

"Like you don't know.." I said disgusted "you guys are terrible people."

"I have no idea what your talking about" he said standing.

He took a step towards me and I retreated towards the wall in fear.

"Whoa, it's ok, I'm not going to hurt you, now why are you here." He said backing up.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I replied shakily.

"Try me."

He looked sincere, and I there was something about him that make me trust him.

I told him everything figuring it couldn't make things any worse and he just sat there and listened. When I finished, I looked up, the look on his face was something between anger, confusion, and realization.

"How long have you been here?" He asked.

"I have no idea."

"We need to get you out of here."

"How? They know I'm gone and are searching the house high and low for me."

"I'll distract them, here take my keys, you'll go down the stairs and turn left. The garage will be the last door at the end of the hall. My car is the yellow one. Drive as fast as you can, and get to a police station."

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"Go into the room across the hall and Just be ready to run" he replied.

I did as he said, went to the room and closed the door.

"Dad!" Luke yelled "there is some girl up here!"

My heart sank as I thought maybe I was wrong to trust Luke after all.

Jason and Blake came pounding up the stairs and ran to Luke's room.

"Where is she?" Jason asked.

I backed further into the room ready for them to burst in at any moment.

"She locked herself in my bathroom." Luke replied.

I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I had been hiding in and peaked out from behind the door. As soon as they were in Luke's room and out of sight I bolted out and down the stairs. I ran straight to where Luke said the garage would be, flung the door open and ran straight into a large man.

I looked up and saw that it was Derek, the doctor that had taken care of my leg in the van. I backed up and watched as the shocked look on his face turn to anger.

I quickly ducked under him and ran towards the car Luke has described. I flung the door open and climbed in.

Just as I was about to close the door Derek grabbed a handful of hair from the left side of my head and pulled me out. He yanked me back towards the house, I struggled to get loose and started hitting him.

Derek easily pinned my arms behind my back with one hand and put me in a choke hold with the other. He pushed me inside and back up the stairs.

"I thought you said she was in here!" Jason yelled at Luke.

"S-she was!" Luke said back "she must have gotten out the window."

"She would have broken a leg jumping out that window!" Jason yelled.

"Looking for something?" Derek said pushing me through the door to Luke's room.

Jason and Blake looked relieved, fear flashed across Luke's face but he quickly hid it.

"What is she doing here dad?" Luke asked.

"She's just helping us with something." Jason replied.

"She doesn't look like she wants to be here." Luke said slowly.

"Well she is acting, we are making a documentary on kidnappings." Blake said.

Jason and Derek looked at him like he was an idiot and rolled their eyes.

"We will leave you alone now Luke." Derek said. "Sorry we woke you."

"Lu-" I tried to ask for help but Derek tightened his hold and I could no longer breath. The four of us exited the room, Derek didn't let go until we were down the stairs. When he finally did I took in a deep shaky breath.

"That was a close one." Blake said.

"You think?! How the hell did she get out?" Derek snapped.

"I don't know, we went into the room and she wasn't there." Jason said.

"You two aren idiots. Good thing I got those security cameras installed." Derek replied "Let's go watch them and see what you two morons did wrong this time."

Derek shoved me into the room and I fell to the ground. All three men stood there staring at me until the wall had completely closed.

(Authors Note: please vote and comment to let me know what you think! This is my first story, Thanks for reading! *Also, check out my new book "Someone Is Watching" on Kindle, Nook, Apple, and Kobo now!)