Part 5

~

"I don't agree that when you love, you are blind or fool. You just get wiser and see clearer what is best and of worth."

-Hark Herald Sarmiento

~

Yesterday, Emma gave me her number. Now today, Friday, I still haven't texted her. Mostly because I'm not even sure if she can text and second because maybe it's too soon to call.

Today I had lunch with her again. She doesn't eat much, only a few gummy worms. We talked about movies, and our conversations about movies started weird after I asked how she could watch a movie if you can't see.

But then she explained to me that some theaters give special headphone type things that describe in detail what is happening in the movie.

Now it's after school, I'm at Devon's house in his basement with the rest of the boys sharing a blunt.

His mom is out with his sisters shopping or something, I'm a few too many puffs in to remember what he had told me earlier.

I laid on the couch next to Levi as Devon was on the ground and Michael was on a bean bag.

The room was small and the couch I was on was an ugly yellow color with a large black stain on one of the seats and smelt like smoke and dog fur. Let's not forget one of the cushions was dipped in and broken, but I was too high to give a shit.

Thank god there aren't any bugs, I'd rather not have the place I like to lie down on when high infested with bugs.

Our choices of secret places to get high were slim so I didn't mind Devon's basement much, it was better than nothing.

Michael sat alone on a faded hot pink bean bag giggling to himself as he ate some chips.

Levi sat next to me on the broken end of the couch deep in thought.

"I know why you haven't been at lunch," Levi said breaking the short silence we had built. "Really, then why?" I asked doubting he actually knew.

I hadn't bothered to tell them about my lunches with Emma, my time with her although brief felt too personal to share with others.

"You've been hanging out with that blind chick," Levi answered before taking a drag and blowing the smoke in my face.

I coughed, not from the smoke but from the shock that he knew. My loud coughing fit broke Michael and Devon from their high daze enough that now along with Levi they looked at me waiting for my response.

Once I could stop coughing I glanced at each of their faces. Levi's held curiosity, Michael's held bewilderment, and Devon's held interest.

"Well, yeah," I said trying to confirm Levi's statement in the most casual way I could. Really all I felt was panic, how did he know?

Levi shrugged before saying "I guess it's cool but I don't get it." I didn't reply. There wasn't anything that he needs to get other than out of my fucking business.

I shrugged.

"So, why are you suddenly sitting with Emma?" Devon asks as Michael passed him the blunt before taking a long drag. I didn't answer right away. I waited till Devon exhaled and passed me the blunt.

I played with the blunt in my hands before putting it between my lips. "I don't know she intrigues me," I mumbled out before inhaling.

Levi let out a pig like laugh before saying "That's a big word, Danny Boy. I didn't know a word like intrigues would be in your vocabulary." The others all laughed as I simply exhaled the smoke in my lungs before showing Levi my middle finger.

The Stoner & The Blind GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara