Part 10

~

"What dreams would he have, not seeing. Life's a dream for him."

-James Joyce

~

I was being a complete dick and I knew it.

I was in the cafeteria with Michael, Devon, and Levi. They were talking about some pointless shit I didn't care about.

I couldn't stop thinking about how dinner went with Emma and her family a few days ago.

I also couldn't stop thinking about how I'm was being a jerk for ghosting Emma since the dinner.

It not like the dinner was bad.

Having dinner with Emma's family that day wasn't terrible like I thought it would be.

Maybe I was still high on the fact that Emma and I had made out in her bedroom not long before, but the dinner was great.

Emma's mom ended up not staying for dinner, I think she went back to work or something like that.

Emma's Dad, Emmett, was chill and is pretty funny.

And, I ignored the fact that Rebecca kept firing rude remakes at me simply because Emma held my hand under the table the whole time.

After dinner we hung out in her room, laying down on her bed together and listening to music.

I still remember the weird fluttering feeling I got in my chest when she laid her head on my shoulder and traced weird shapes on my stomach. And, how fucking soft her hair was as I ran my fingers through the strands.

After my mom texted me asking where I was because I was missing our Pretty Little Liars night, I kissed Emma's cheek and went home.

It didn't hit me, that I had really kissed her until I got home.

Kissing her completely ruined my plan to keep our relationship purely friendship based.

I thought I could kiss her once just to get over the need to. But all I wanted to do was kiss her again. Be with her more.

So I did the best thing I could think of and avoided her like the plague.

I knew when I did finally talk to her she'd either be pissed at me or want to talk about feelings and shit because that's what girls do.

And, I'm not ready to deal with emotional shit.

"Man, look," Michael said as he shoved me, and gestured towards the cafeteria entrance.

I knew before I turned that it was Emma.

She stood with Rebecca by the door, Rebecca seemed to be looking around the cafeteria.

Hopefully, they were just looking for Rebecca's annoying friends and not for me.

Em looked beautiful as always in what looked like a yellow knitted sweater and jeans.

When Rebecca's eyes landed on our table she glared before grabbing hold of Emma's arm and leading her this way.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit," I muttered as I watched them coming this way.

"Trouble in paradise?" Levi asked jokingly. I quickly flipped him off, never taking my eyes off the two girls making there way here.

Just as I moved to get up and flee Devon grabbed my arm forcing me to stay seated.

I turned to him and glared. "You fucking trader." I accused him. He rolled his eyes before saying "You'll be thanking me later."

When Rebecca and Emma got to our table I thought I would surely die and burst into flames with the way Rebecca was glaring at me.