Chapter Sixteen// Laura's Party (Part 2)

I try to leave.

I push my way through the crowd, barging through guests to try to find a way of escape.

But as I reach the door, it comes to my dismay that it is locked. I go to find Laura however she has lost the key. As a result, everyone is currently trapped inside the house until she decides to go look for it. Unfortunately for me, I am about to suffer from a panic attack at how claustrophobic I suddenly feel.

"You ok Paige?" Asks Laura, making her way over towards me as I began taking in deep breathes. My hand is clutching against my chest and I am bent over.

"Yeah." Breathe. "I'm good." Breathe. "Just a bit... claustrophobic."

"Well we can't have that," she gently takes my arm. She guides me carefully out of the crowded room which I think is the living room and out into what appears to be the hall. "Come up to my room, no one should be in there." We climb up the stairs, one at a time. Laura flickers her light on and I stumble helplessly over to her bed. "What are you wearing?"

With the yellow glow of the light illuminating the room, my un-party-like clothes are now visible.

"I didn't have time to change," I make up quickly. The truth is I never intended on coming in the first place until I saw Miss what's-her-face enter with Mr Jerk. With the help of the glass of water Laura hands me, my fingers massaging my forehead, my vision comes back clear as well as the anxiety calming in my mind.

"Come on, you can wear something of mine."

"No, I'm fine..." I try to insist that she doesn't have to help me anymore, that I just want to go home. But Laura has already opened the doors to her closet and is searching through her rack for something I could wear.

"Here, wear this." She flings a skimpy red dress over in my direction. Considering Laura is a tiny girl and she buys outfits a dress size smaller anyway, how on earth am I going to fit into this without my boobs or bum popping out? "I'll be down stairs with the others. Come join us when you are dressed." Laura giggles.

Wait... 'Others'? As in, other cheerleaders. Oh no.

"Oh, I'm ok. I think I might just go-" Go where, home? Will that fix everything? It might make tonight end faster, but what happens when I go back to school on Monday? I have no friends.

The stone hard truth hits me. Great, I'm going to be a complete loner for the rest of the year.

"Just gonna what?" Laura asks, half way out of the door.

"I'll... I'll be down in a min." I smile.

"Awesome!" She cheers. "My lip stick is on my dresser by the way. You can borrow some."

"Really?" I exclaim in appreciation. How come she is acting this nice? Is it because I agreed to do her homework?

"Sure. That's what friends do."

Friends? But before I can question it, she has already disappeared.

I get changed quickly and apply more makeup. Laura may not have been my first choice for a new friend, but I think we have the potential to bond and form a friendship. Not to mention how jealous Lacy will get!

So with the dress just about covering my butt, I slip on some heels I found in her room (thankfully my size) and walk down the stairs.

"Howt!" A guy comes up behind me and I feel his hand rest below the rim of my dress. His breath reeks of stale beer and it tickles the back of my neck.

"You talking to me?" I spin around and catch his eyes. H is a senior also in my year. I doubt he has even acknowledged me before I put this dress on. Which has only been two minutes and I am already being hit on.