Chapter Twenty Five// To Conclude

A/N- Short chapter.

In this chapter there is lots of references to Shakespeare's play: Macbeth. It links in with Paige's situation so there is a reason why I have included it.

If you are unfamiliar with the play, this chapter should still make sense but may be a little confusing. But this chapter is quite important so please still read...

I left Nathan's house around five minutes before Laura was due to come pick him up. I grabbed Jasper's leash and pried him away from his play with Buddy.

I return the little dog home then walk across the street back to my house. Dinner is already on the table as I enter the kitchen, the smell of fresh tomato source wafting my way. I exhale with a much needed breathe of air, delighted with the smell that warmed my senses.

"You were longer than I expected," my mum chuckles lightly, placing a bowl of homemade pasta bake in the centre of the table. I take my usual space opposite her, waiting for her to be seated before taking a piece of bread from the middle.

"Yeah, Jasper had lots of energy and needed a longer walk." That may be partially a lie, however Jasper did have a lot of energy. I'm surprised he could keep up with Buddy.

"That's nice. Would you walk him again, some other time?" She asks me, a hopeful sparkle in her eye. I nod in agreement. Jasper was so cute and a lively ball of fluff to be around.

"Sure, why not? He was good company."

After our meal I go straight upstairs. Even though I have completed Ethan's essay on Macbeth, I am still one paragraph short on mine. I sharpen a pencil and sit down at my desk, logging onto my computer. I load up my document. I have already wrote 1750 words. With a minimum of 2000, I still have a bit to write.

On my notepad I jot down some key ideas. To conclude, I have to answer the question: Who is responsible for Duncan's murder?

"Puff, easy. The Supernatural," I roll my eyes and place my fingers on the key board.

The supernatural were the overall affect on the murder of King Duncan. Some could argue that it was Lady Macbeth, considering that she was the one to persuade him to do it. But she was under the spell of the Witches. She asked them to 'unsex' her to have 'direst cruelty' meaning that the supernatural were the influence of Macbeth deciding the go through with the murder.

I finish that sentence and lean back in my chair. I save my work in case my computer crashes. I scan through my writing again and a thought came to mind. The main question of this play is who is responsible for Macbeth's actions. Was it his ambition or was it the influences around him?

This relates to Nathan. Is his bad attitude a result of him wanting to become popular, or is it the people around him moulding him into the stranger he has become?

Josh and Laura are like Lady Macbeth. Josh was the one to make him start the badass behaviour. Laura made Nathan change when they started dating. But I don't think Lady Macbeth is the true cause for Macbeth's madness. So maybe Josh and Laura aren't to blame?

The Supernatural were the ones to plant the idea into Macbeth's brain to become king. Without their prophecies, Macbeth wouldn't have dreamt about killing Duncan to become king. So therefore they are to blame for his ambition to become king. They gave him the idea and he trusted them. They are the overall influence on the murder and Macbeth's ultimate fatal flaw.

The End.

Paige Heartfield.

I save my work onto a memory stick then pocket it inside my bag. It is due in Monday and I am glad to not have to work on it on Sunday.

The night draws closer and soon it is time for bed. After changing into my PJs I crawl into bed. I switch off the light and pull the covers up to my neck. It is hard to instantly fall asleep, my brain still active with thoughts.

If I can compare Josh and Laura to Lady Macbeth's actions in the play, then who am I in this metaphor? Macbeth was Nathan so that couldn't be me. MacDuff wasn't apart of the murder and neither were the noblemen. That only leaves one character... The witches; The Supernatural.

My back launches forward and I sit upright in my bed. I stare out of the gap in my curtains and into the darkness of the night.

The supernatural, in my opinion, are the true reason why Macbeth descended into madness. They put the idea into his head to become king. They helped him out, by creating the dagger of the mind. I put the idea of being popular into Nathan's head. I helped him become popular by getting him a spot on the football team.

I feel the colour drain from my face, my eyes washing red. To conclude, I am the reason Nathan is how he is. I am responsible. With that thought in mind, I drift off into a restless sleep. All I can think about is the guilt. Maybe Nathan was better off being a nerd in school, then he could be his true self at home. But now it's got so out of hand he has changed completely!

I made him this way; I need to change him back!

A/N- Would love to know what u thought of this chapter and who your favourite character is!

Thanks 4 reading.

Don't forget 2 vote & comment :)

More coming soon...