Chapter Eighteen// Date?

"Your so pretty, has anyone ever told you that?" Ethan laces our fingers together, holding my hand that isn't holding my ice cream. It is so nice of him to pay for me.

"No, not really," I bite down on my bottom lip to suppress the blush about to surface on my skin. Ethan hasn't stopped complimenting me all afternoon. The sun is shining brightly in the sky as we saunter through the park, the time currently 4:55pm.

"Well, you are." Here comes my blush again. "Has anyone ever told you how cute you look when you blush?"

Well, to be completely honest, I do recall Josh once telling me that. But considering I am hanging out with a guy other than Josh, I don't find it appropriate to mention that. Instead, I lightly shake my head and let him carry on making me feel like the only girl in the world.

Rihanna must be able to relate, her putting the feeling into a song and all.

"You want to come back to my house?" He asks. We turn the corner out of the park and walk onto the side walk. I face him and meet his hopeful smile, contagious as I exchange the same gleam in my eyes.

I try to remain cool, even though I feel like screaming. "Yeah, sounds good."

It is hard to compress my emotions while with Ethan. He is so cute and charming I still can't believe I never really noticed him before. His affection never fails to redden my cheeks and his words make my heart skip a beat. We are just hanging out, but a connection is there, whether he can feel it or not. I definitely can.

After only knowing the guy for no longer than forty eight hours and he makes my heart flutter like unleashing a mass of untamed butterflies. I don't know if you can describe butterflies as wild but whatever is making my stomach tingle is powerful.

"Wow." I mutter under my breathe as I step into his house, more like a mansion if you ask me. The hall is covered with pristine white carpet, beige walls with paintings hanging off hooks, looking as if they cost more than my entire closet.

"Would you like a drink?" Ethan opens the fridge. I nod my head. After finishing my ice cream, the cone has made my mouth go rather dry. Or is that just a result of staring at Ethan? One or the other, I am thirsty. He tosses me a can and I catch it with one hand.

he must have found my catch impressive as he raises his eye brows with a silent cheer.

"Thanks," I pop the lid and take a sip.

"I'm glad we were able to hang out today," comments Ethan with a wide grin.

"Me too," I reply, following him into the living room. The leather sofas seem to be brand new, a flat screen TV almost the size of my living room wall at home. The room is massive. Ethan leads us over to a couch and we both sit down. We sit rather close.

"I hope we can go on another date some other time soon." His words strike me like lightning, my head leaning forward in shock, almost making me spill my drink.

"Pardon? Did you say... date?" I am very confused. Very is an understatement! Ethan glances to the floor with his adorable smile then averts his eyes gently back on mine. For a moment he leaves me in silence. Then his soft pink lips part to speak.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to go on a date. I figured that if you thought this was a date, you would agree to go out with me Saturday night," he explains, his lips still secure in a positive smile. Mentally stuttering on how to respond, I become speechless and my hand begins to shake.

"I-I'd love to go out with you," I start to blush as I sound like a desperate idiot. But hey, who wouldn't be nerves when a super cute guy asks you out?

"Awesome!" The sun reflects off his rich brown eyes.

"Saturday it is then," I giggle, unable to hold back my excitement and a huge grin explodes over my face.

"Oh wait... Of crap!" Ethan launches forwards and buries his head in the palms of his hands. What's going on?

"What? What is it?" I ask, rather concerned. Ethan sits back up and scrapes the hair out of his eyes.

"It's nothing," he shakes his head weakly. "Nothing you need to be worried about." However maybe there is something I could help with, or at least make him feel better.

"Please tell me," I budge up closer towards him.

"Ok," he turns his face so his eyes connect with mine. "Here's the thing, if we go out Saturday, I won't have time to write that essay on Macbeth for English literature. I am way too busy any other time and if I don't get an A, my mom threatened to take my phone off me." There was a genuine worry in his voice. "But I don't want to call off our date. I really like you." His confession makes my heart dance, all the blood streaming to my cheeks.

"So, what are you going to do?" I ask in a low voice, still not recovered from him admitting that he 'likes' me. Oh my gosh he feels the same way!

"I don't know," he sighs heavily, shaking his head in thought. "I am too busy any other time. The one I handed in today wasn't good enough for Mrs Simpson so she is expecting so much from me for this one."

"I have some spare time this weekend," I found myself saying. His eyes brighten and a sparkle shimmers in his chocolate brown orbs. "Maybe I could write a bit for you?" I don't exactly know what I'm saying, this is crazy. I have to write my own, why should I help him?

But there is a simple answer: I really want to go on this date. We may be hanging out now, but an official date with Ethan sounds magical. I want him to be my boyfriend so with this opportunity, I have to take it.

"You would do that for me?" I feel him lean in.

"Of course," I beam.

"You are the best," his lips press softly on my cheek, kissing my skin which sends a rush of electricity through me. All I can do is smile. Nothing could ruin this moment.

Well, maybe his mom bursting through the door which makes us jump to our feet, interrupting the kiss he was almost about to plant on my lips. That ruined the moment.

A/N- Hello!

Okcan get an insight of the character and