Chapter Thirty Two// We're Done

Replay of kiss from last chapter... Don't lie we all loved it 😄😍

His hand holds my neck and stirs me towards him. My eyes flicker close, temptation untamed and wild. Our noses brush. Our lips join. The kiss begins slow, escalating more passionate as he holds onto my waist. It takes me a moment to realise what is happening, but nothing matters other than being in his arms and his lips in sync with mine. My arms magnetise around his neck, playing with his hair. He whispers my name hungrily between each kiss. My heart explodes.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" A sudden high pitch shriek makes us both jump back in shock. "Nathan?"

Oh no.

My eyes shift towards Nathan as my body freezes in sheer panic. His attention is far from my door and he is staring outside my window. There is about a metre between us from when I launched away from him.

"Nathan!" Laura screams again, sweat forming on her forehead as her breathing rate increases, the blood flowing closer to her cheeks. Nathan glances over towards his girlfriend and shows her no sympathy in the situation that she has just caught him kissing another girl. That is when I thought I best say something.

"Laura I-"

"Shut it Paige!" With eyes as sharp as knives she stabs daggers in my direction, her fists clenched as well as her teeth gritted. My body is too paralysed to even flinch.

"Let me explain-"

"No!" Laura interjects with another shriek. "Let me explain, I thought we were friends." It is clear by the crack in her voice that an emotional lump is rising up her throat. She swallows it with a forceful gulp. "I told you my secret. I thought you could trust me, but maybe I should have been the one wary of my trust in you."

"Laura I swear, you can trust me."

"Can I? You seriously think I can trust you after you've just made out with my boyfriend?" Now the tears are streaming down her face. With her eyes watering, her pupils are submerged by tears. The guilt circulates through every cell in my body.

"We... We didn't make out...I mean we..." However I hang my head low at the realisation I have completely lost my friend no matter how much I try to convince her otherwise. What she saw was real- their is no point in denying.

"Save it. And you," Laura gulps again as she steps forwards towards Nathan. His head rises to meet her eyes expressionlessly. "I thought you loved me. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. Go with her, a nerd for a nerd." She is full on crying by now. "We're done."

With that said, she doesn't hesitate with sprinting out of my door and fleeing down my stairs. Cries and sobs trail behind her. The vibration caused by the slam of the front door travels upstairs. For the next few seconds we spend it stood cloaked in thick silence. 

"Aren't you going to go after her?" My lips mumble in his direction. I watch as his eyes lock with mine as he walks towards me.

"She's gone," he replies simply, now directly in front of me.

"But she's your girlfriend, you can't just leave her."

"Ex-girlfriend," he emphasises. I blink in confusion of what is going on. Why is he not bothered that they just broke up? His hand holds the side of my neck as he kissed my- un bruised- cheek, leaving a hot spark of desire, only for it to die out as he steps back. "I better go."