Chapter 3 - Lycan in hiding

NOTE AT THE END, PLEASE READ FOR FURTHER INFO!

***

It surprised me that Zante stood outside the ceremony doors waiting when I headed out from the bathroom, almost as if he wanted to continue the conversation we had moments ago. He gave off a brisk attitude with a gentle smile, but I sure knew there was something more to it.

"Spill it" I called out. I wasn't afraid of him, nor of his father. He couldn't do whatever he liked, he had to know his place. And he had to know my place, which wasn't at his feet.

"Spill what, my dear Daisy May? You seem awfully stressed. Is it because of our conversation earlier?"

I squinted my eyes suspiciously. "You're up to something. What is it?" He smiled at me and took a step forward. I stood my ground and leaned my head up to look up at him. "I want to talk about what happened a few weeks ago"

I turned my head away and crossed my arms over my chest. "There is barely anything to speak of"

"But there is something," he insisted. "I want to know why you begged me to have sex with you and now you won't even speak to me"

"I didn't beg you" I snapped. It had happened the first night of my heat. I was lusting and I couldn't control it. And conveniently enough, Zante was headed to my room. He found me in heat. Which I couldn't discuss because only ones mated to lycans or a lycan went through heat. And I couldn't tell him that I was a lycan. At the time, I had no idea what was going on, I just had a fire inside me that could only be put out if I mated someone.

"Daisy, I want you to tell me and I sure as hell don't want to hear it from someone else," he was dreading to say it. "Have you meet your mate?"

An explanation came to mind but I didn't want to say it aloud. I used my neutral face and tried not to be bothered.

"If I would have met my mate then I wouldn't be standing here, would I? I found... pills, or tablets in my bathroom which were probably left by Scar. I thought they were for headaches but obviously, they created some sort of heat"

"That doesn't make any sense," he interrupted. "Why would Scarlett take pills? Her heat should come naturally?"

I hurried up with a fast lie. "Well, I don't know! And it's none of your business!"

"Of course it's my business if you come to me with your problems!"

I knew I couldn't get mad at him. Mainly because I was sitting next to him in the dining room and I didn't want us to fight all night. "Fine," I said with an irritated sigh. "I'm sorry. I know you want to know every detail. But I'm not sure I trust you" I said honestly. "How do I know that you won't tell Darren and Collin? Your smoking buddies" I muttered.

"Daisy, it was a one-time thing. I offered you to come with us and keep us in check but you didn't want to. And that about trust," he took another step forward. He was now only a meter away from me. I could feel the scent of him and his perfume. He smelled like winter, he smelt like home. "Your father is my Alpha and I would never betray his trust"

I knew that he was trying to convince me, but my father and I weren't alliances. If my father was told... then I didn't know what to do.

"This is not about my father or Kiernan. It's only... me. And I need to figure everything out for now. Alone"

"I understand" he hurried. The conversation was turning awkward and I looked around as I tapped my feet on the ground. "I'm... glad you haven't found your mate" he said.

And I knew he was glad. "Come on. We better get back before my father founds out " I said and gestured to the portals heading towards the dining room. He walked beside me and I muttered jokingly. "That will say if your attitude can fit trough the door"