007

"Mark it looks like you're in labor," Cali said.

I laughed because it seriously looked like he was going into labor. He was taking deep breaths and his lips formed and 'O' shape. When Cali said that, Mark stopped. We were walking towards the fields to tryouts. Cali was just walking with us to the fields and then she'd go with Jerry. Mark was staying, since he insisted on taking me home.

"And that ladies and gentlemen is my impression of Conlan when he gets on a rollercoaster," Mark bowed while me and Cali clapped.

"Never do that again," I said while laughing.

"Why do you always pick on your little brother?" Cali frowned, "He's so sweet and shy."

Mark grinned, "Well dad is in a bit of a shock tomorrow."

I raised an eyebrow, "What did you do to Conlan? I swear Mark if you hurt him-"

"I didn't hurt him," Mark said quickly, "He's just a a bit changed thats all."

I was about to ask what he meant but then was distracted by someone calling my name.

"Tori hurry up," Shawn shouted.

"I'm going!" I shouted back.

"See ya tomorrow Tori. Bye Mark." Cali waved and walked back to the parking lot.

"Luck Tori," Mark added as he headed for the stands. I smiled at him and jogged to the locker room. After I got into my clothes I ran out and onto the field. I sat down in the middle of the field and started stretching. Reaching over to touch my toes.

"I can't do that even if my life depended on it." I looked over my shoulder and up at Hayden. He smiled at sat beside me, putting one leg out and reaching over. He stopped right around his ankle.

I laughed, "Seriously?"

"Um....seriously." Hayden smirked.

I shook my head, "Just stretch everyday and you'll be able to touch your toes."

"Yeah...um...I'm not going to do that." Hayden laughed.

"I didn't expect you to," I added knowingly.

"Everyone bring it in!" Coach yelled blowing on his whistle.

I stood up and we jogged towards Coach.

"I want high knees across the field and back. Go!" Coach blew on his whistle.

"They're not going to let you in," Cole repeated for like the millionth time. I was just bouncing the ball on the garage door and he was leaning on the wall keeping his eyes on the ball. He had his arms crossed and we've been here since I got home. I didn't even bother to shower because I knew I wanted to just be outside and think. Then Cole decided to join me, and I was fine with that, but now he's just bugging me about tomorrow.

"You know," I said while kicking the ball again, "I. Don't. Care."

"Are you even hearing yourself Tori," Cole said walking over and putting his foot on the ball, "You love soccer! I saw your eyes flash when you saw your name on the list. You want to be on the team, so tomorrow you go to tryouts and THEN you go to see Mark's dad. That's what you'll do. If you want I'll even drive you."

"Cole listen. Mr. Bennett just lost both of his legs. He's been there for me forever. Did you know he took the first plane back to USA just to come to my mom's funeral? Well he did, and I feel like I have to be there. It'd be unfair and you know it."

Cole sighed and threw his head back, "Fine. But it'll look like you gave up."

I frowned and walked towards him. When I was in reach I kicked the ball he had under his foot and it rolled over to the backyard. Cole and me locked eyes and it seemed we shared the same thought, at the same time we sprinted after the ball. He reached it first and turned his back on me as I tried to steal the ball. Once he had a good grip he ran off and I just watched him.