Chapter 42

River Pov.
"Now you know that it was never Jack but he just doesn't understand!" I let out a deep sigh and fell back into the couch. I looked to Andrea but she just stared blankly away. "Great, you weren't listening were you?" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Andrea didn't take her eyes off what was in front of her. "Fine! Also you need to go fix my phone tomorrow because the screen is smashed!" I yelled at Andrea and stood up about to walk away.

"I saw the video. You know the one before you committed suicide?" Andrea looked up at me and stared blankly at me. "Well tried to commit suicide." She added.

"And?" I questioned her trying to hold my ground.

"Kian saw it too. I mean I told him to turn it off but he wouldn't listen. Who knows if he will end up showing the boys." Andrea rested her head in her hands while still looking up at me. "I just can't believe you would have gone through with it."

"Don't try and give me that." I threw my phone to her, "I want it fixed." I walked off to my room about to shut my door but Andrea was behind me.

"Don't talk to me like that!" She yelled. I was about to speak until she cut me off, "I know I probably haven't given you much but I have provided you with a roof over your head and if that's not good enough for you then I'm sorry! Go ahead and hate me and yell at me if that's what makes you feel better." Andrea shouted out at me then looked at my phone that was in her hands. "I'll get it fixed tomorrow.. Goodnight." She spoke softly as she sighed and walked off into her room and closed the door.

I wanted to scream but then I wanted to cry.

I hopped into bed and closed my eyes praying for a better day tomorrow.

I wriggled around trying to find a comfortable spot but I couldn't find one. I was overthinking too much that I just couldn't get comfortable and have a good nights rest.

I sat up in my bed thinking about the way I had reacted with Andrea and I felt like an idiot because all that Andrea has ever shown me since the day I met her was love.

Unconditional love.

And since the day I met her I gave her a hard time and I didn't know what for because Andrea had always been so nice to me.

I logged in onto my Apple computer and went on Twitter.

There was nothing new and I guess I wasn't expecting anything exciting especially because everyone should be in bed at this time of the morning.

I climbed back into bed and got under the cover while tucking myself in.

"I'm sorry to everyone I've hurt." I whispered aloud.

But saying sorry just didn't seem to cut it. It's like the words meant nothing.

I got out of bed and threw on a pair of jeans, a hoodie and a pair of sneakers. I opened my door quietly and walked to the front door. I took one look around at the dark room to make sure Andrea wasn't up and then quietly opened the doors and stepped out before closing it quietly behind me.

I didn't plan on running away. I just needed some air.

I began walking on the sidewalks beside the busy streets of the early morning.

It was so cold.

I put my hands in the pockets of my hoodie and my hoodie hid my face as I looked down at the path.

I looked up for the smallest moment as I crossed the road to the other side and was about to look down again when I saw something. Someone.

I walked up to the chair and sat beside the person who I hadn't seen in at least a month.

"I didn't think I would see anyone out at this time." I spoke with my mouth gasped open and my hands placed on my lap.

I looked up at the familiar face and they looked just as shocked at me as the face tried to speak.

They stood up and began to walk away but I chased after them, stopping them by putting my hand on their shoulder and looking them in the eye.

They began to cry.

We stood quietly looking each other in the eyes. I wanted to reach out and wrap my arms around the person I hadn't seen in so long but I just stood paralysed.

I was thinking about turning away but what would that say about me?

I opened my mouth to talk but stuttered on the first couple of words.

"I've missed you Maggie."