Chapter 51

Kian Pov.
"I'm sorry for your lost" the doctor walked away.

A single tear rolled down my cheek as I turned to the side of me, "I can't believe it" I took a deep breath and continued, "I'm so sorry"

Nash stared straight ahead.

"Hayes should not have died" he finally spoke.

It was true Hayes should not have died.

The only reason he leaped was because River did and I still remember his words before he fell to his death, "If she's gone I'm gone" then he turned around and jumped.

Nash was going to jump after him too but Jack G, Carter Reynolds and Jc all had to hold him back.

He was mess.

Everyone was a mess.

"He should not be fucking dead!" Nash shouted as he kicked the chair in front of him causing everyone to state towards us. "He should be here with me Kian! Why isn't he here?" Nash started to break down again and burst into tears.

Nash and sat on the cold floor of the hospital waiting room. Everything seemed so depressing.

The flowers on the receptionist desk were dying, the lights were flickering and everything was just so fucking cold.

I hugged Nash tight in my arms forgetting about all this drama with Andrea.

River Pov.
My eyes fluttered opened but immediately closed because of the bright light that hung over me.

I began opening them again until my eyes finally adjusted to the lighting. I looked around to see that I was in a hospital bed. There was no one in the room.

I looked down to see my left arm was in a cast and I had cuts and bruises all down my legs. My head started to pound so I reached for my head to feel something weird on it. I looked in the mirror beside my bed to see I had a bit of where my hair should of been was now shaved off and stitches covered that bare spot.

I let out a small moan as I laid back in my original position.

"You fucked up" I look to my left to see a figure appearing from the shadows and walking to my bed.

It was Jack J.

"Leave me alone." I said as my voice croaked.

"You just impacted everyones life in the worst way possible and I have never been so disappointed in you!" Jack yelled at me but I didn't show him how scared I was of him. Instead I just laid still staring at him. "What? You aren't going to say anything? Okay, let me say what I have been holding in and what you need to hear!"

I nodded towards him even though it hurt too much to move.

He continued, "I should of never hit you and I'm sorry I did but you know that it wasn't me. The Jack you know would have never ever done that to you. I want to hug you and tell you how much I love you but right now I can't even look at you in the eyes anymore without seeing someone else."

"You hate me?"

Jack waited a moment before answering me, "I don't hate you-"

"But you don't love me anymore?"

Jack didn't anser.

"Don't worry, I saw it coming."

"River, please jus-"

"Do not ever call me River, my names Lana" Suddenly my thoughts hit me and I remembered what happened on the bridge. I looked down and realised my attempt didn't work.

But where was Hayes?

"Hayes?" I mumbled.

"What?" Jack took a seat next to me.

"Where is Hayes?" I spoke louder and shot my head to Jack. Not realising the burning pain coming from my neck.

"Oh, River.." Jack looked down.

"What? Where is he Jack?!" My voice screeched.

"I-" Jack couldn't speak.

I wondered why Hayes wasn't watching over me why I slept instead of Jack. Hayes loved me and he always had and I always loved him. So I wondered why he wasn't here.

Was it because he couldn't watch me suffer? I don't blame him. I don't think I would be able to watch him lay in a hospital bed.

"He loved you River. He was good kid" Jack wasn't so angry anymore and instead more sad.

"Jack, he is still a good kid. He wouldn't hurt a fly." By what I said Jack looked up and his eyes met mine.

"You are making this so hard." Jack whispered to himself and I could just make it out.

With his eyes bright red he spoke, "Hayes is dead."