Ignorance is (not) bliss.

There are people who know very little about Islam... yet they seem to be all too familiar with the fact that a muslim man is allowed to have four wives. They go into raptures over how lucky he is and make cynical jokes about his Deen. However, when he decides to actually do it, the same people condemn and look down upon him, questioning his morals and ideals.

How ignorant are we, as a western society, Choosing only to encourage an idea when we think it is not viable...

Finding it so easy to openly discuss and make fun of these issues when it doesn't involve us... but when it becomes a reality in our own community then we take offense or deny ever being in favor of it.

"Raising up knowledge while ignorance remaining (on earth) is a Sign of the (Last) Hour."

As much as we try to bring some sort of awareness to this subject, to try and put it in a new light, there are people who have either completely embraced our decision and those who wish to no longer associate themselves with us because of it.

Initially it bothered me, I was concerned about the way they'd see me and how they would react... but I have now accepted that this way of life will only make me a victim if I allow it to.

Ridwaan has never become defensive when asked about his view on polygamy... He was always for it even before we had laid eyes on eachother. It wasn't the same case for me, but being with him has changed me so much... always for the better.

I'd like to think that we can someday be an idyllic example of how this lifestyle can successfully work. Every day that we move forward together I am more and more certain that this was Allah's plan all along...

Afterall, every experience He gives us, every person He puts into our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see.