Chapter 1

Emily

   I laid on my bed with a wide grin on my face and I hugged my pillow tightly as if I was choking it to death.

   Tonight was the best night of my life!

   I stopped squealing and looked at the engagement ring around my finger. I still can't believe it. He finally proposed. After 5 years of being together, it finally happened.

   I couldn't help imagining my wedding day. Me and Derek at the altar. Exchanging our vows. Saying those two magical words, I do.

"Do you, Emily Valentine, accept Derek Mariano as your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest said.

"I do." I answered immediately without any hesitations.

"And do you, Derek Mariano, accept Emily Valentine as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do–"

"Don't do that, Emily! That's so gross!"

   My eyes flew open to see my sister staring at me with disgust. It took me a moment to realize why.

   I was kissing the glass of the picture frame I had Derek's picture in.
What once was clear glass was now covered in red lipstick.

   I put down the frame, practically throwing it, onto the bed and gave Abi a sheepish grin. Well... That was embarrassing.

   "Er... Whoops?"

   "I think I'm traumatized," she said, grimacing.

   I rolled my eyes and said, "you'll be like that too one day."

   She shook her head in disbelief, the grimace on her face remaining, "dude... No. Ew. I don't wanna end up cuckoo like you."

   "Why are you in here anyway? You didn't even knock!" I complained.

   "I knocked liked, a hundred times already! But you were too busy harassing the picture frame to notice."

   "I wasn't harassing it! I was just... just–"

   She cut me off, "Yeah yeah, whatever. Dinner's ready– wait, is that an engagement ring?"

   I followed Abi's stare and it led to the engagement ring.

   "Oh, yes. Derek finally proposed!" I said excitedly as i stood up with a grin on my face.

   She stayed still and stared at me as if she couldn't believe it. Wow, I guess she was more surprised than I was.

   She then blinked a few times, realizing she zoned out.

   "Wow.... WOW. That's great! I'm so happy for you sis! Congratulations!" She hugged me tight and I hugged her back.

   "Thanks Abi. I–"

   "Come on. We can't keep the food waiting. And you know how mom gets if we don't go to dinner in time," she said, grabbing my arm and dragging me downstairs.

   We went to the dining room and sat down with mom and dad. We talked a little about how my day was with Derek. Everything was going just fine… until I got to the part about the proposal and they noticed the ring.

   "Oh my God!" My mom shrieked as she held my hand and looked at the ring.

   "My baby is getting married!" She exclaimed once again.

   "Huh. So that punk finally decided to take away my princess."

   I looked at that with a frown, "Dad, Derek's not taking me away from you guys."

   He crossed his arms and looked at me, "So you plan to live here after you two get married?"

   I stayed silent which served as an answer. "See," dad said.

   "Hun! Tsk!" Mom said, pinching dad's arm.

   I heard dad cry in pain. As he rubbed the area where mom pinched.

   "Congratulations honey. I'm so happy for you," mom said with a genuine smile as she held my hand.

   "Thanks mom," I returned a smile and was about to say something when Abi cleared her throat.

  "I'm still here you know..." She said with a frown and a hint of jealousy in her tone. She looked down and played with her food with her fork.

   We all turned our attention to her and gave her a frown. I don't know why but she's always like this. Getting all jealous of me for no reason... Well, at least I think there's no reason. Not really sure...

   Mom cleared her throat and spoke, "Shall I get the dessert?"

   We talked about when and where the wedding would be held through dinner. But we haven't talked about it yet really. I mean, Derek proposed just hours ago!

   I didn't get to talk to Abigail after dinner. She just went straight to her room after dinner.

  I really don't get what goes on in that girl's head at times.

   I just shrugged it off and went to bed. She'll get over it by tomorrow.

°~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°

Wellp. I decided to edit this first before I make a sequel.
I'm still not sure if I'll make a sequel though. Sorry to leave you guys hanging.

Anywaysssss
Enjoy reading! Thanks for voting!!!!

P.s. It may be a bit comfusing to read right now because it's in the process of editing. You may have to wait a while if you're going to start reading it. That's all, lol, byee