Chapter 18

Emily

I went downstairs to check this house out. This house was bigger than the last one, but this house was stinkier. It still has some oder of blood.

I saw Daniel sitting at the table drinking water.

The stench made me thought. Where did Daniel put Abi and Dad's bodies? I wanted to cry in that thought, I won't see them ever again.

"Daniel. Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure, love." He said with a warm smile.

"Aren't you mad for what I did to you?"

His smile vanished, "I'm not mad anymore. Because I know that you'll never do that again, would you?" He stood up and walked to me.

"No. I would never do that again... I-I love you Daniel." It makes me want to vomit. Why did I screw up that night?!

"Daniel, can I ask again?" He nodded.

"Where are we?"

"Oh. We moved out from our old home and I found us a new one. I struggled hard to get this one. The owners were pretty tough."
What?! Owners?! This house belonged to someone else. He killed them. That's why the stench of blood remains.

"O-okay. Can I go to my mom's room?" He nodded.

I went back upstairs and opened the door infront of my room.

I saw mom lying there, weak. She breathed slowly. I slowly walked to her then her eyes flew open.

"E-Emily? You're alright!" She sat up and hugged me tightly.

"Y-yes mom! A-are you alright? Did he hurt you?" I asked with tears falling down my face.

"I'm fine, honey." She said with her sweet voice.

I lifeted her shirt up at the back and saw marks and bruises.

"What's did? What did he do?!"
I asked furiously.

"It's nothing."

"Mom, it can't be nothing!" I said with a slightly annoyed tone.

"Fine. He's been torturing me everytime I ask about you."

"Mom. I'm so sorry that you got into this mess because of me." I hugged her tightly.

"Don't be sorry. Actually, I'm happy. Because I get to see my little girl again before I die."
She smiled at me with tears falling down her eyes.

"I love you mom." I said.

"Hon... He told me that your wedding day is tomorrow."

"Yes. He told me that this morning." She looked at my hand and quickly held it.

"Where's Derek's ring?" She said sadly.

"He... I don't know. He must've threw it away or kept it."

"I-" before she could speak, Daniel yelled from downstairs.

"Emily! Get down here!" I gulped, am I in trouble?

I kissed mom once more before I went down.